fbox, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience as hardware support tech in US army.

My Epson stylus nx430 is set up for wireless printing. The

My Epson stylus nx430 is set up for wireless printing. The wifi indicator is lit up. when printing it has status error: offline. How do I correct this?
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you today.

Is this a fresh install of the printer? When you went through the setup did you indicate that the printer was setup as a wireless printer? If you did try below, if not you may want to use the disk to switch it to wireless.

You can try power cycling your router to see if that might kick start the printer into connecting to the network, or atleast getting the pc and router to recognize its there since printer light is showing connected.

To power cycle:

Disconnect your router from its power source for about 3 minutes then reconnect it to its power source. Wait for printer to go solid and the router to have network access.

Let me know thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, I unplugged the router for over 3 minutes. Still saying offline. I ran this computer connected with usb until about 1-2 weeks ago when I switched it to wifi. It ran without problems on wifi until this weekend, and now it won't print . Wifi light on printer is still lit up but status still says offline.

Hmmm, maybe the driver recognized finally that you never switched the printer driver to run in wifi mode on the pc. It should have done this immedaitely, sometimes they dont.

What is your operating system?

Putting in the installation cd again should bring up a window with an option to change the printer from usb to wifi.

If not then you need to uninstall the printer completly from the pc then reinstall it off the cd after a restart. When I say uninstall I mean the printer driver and all related software that installed with it.

If on a windows pc you can do this by going to the start button --> all programs --> scroll through the list and left click on canon --> then the name of your printer --> in there should be an option for uninstall.

Also go to your printers folder in the control panel(windows xp) or the devices and printers window from start icon --> devices and printers (windows 7).

From there right click on your printer if shown and select remove.

After that go to your uninstall a program window --> press windows logo key + r --> run window will open, type this in the window --> appwiz.cpl --> press enter --> when next window opens and populates its list of programs installed, scroll through and uninstall a conon printer software that you see.

After that is done restart your pc. Now reinstall the printer using the software cd that came with the printer. During installation make sure to check the option that your pritner is connected via a wifi network. This will then setup the printer drivers to luck for the printer over wifi.

Let me know thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YEAH, it worked. Thanks.