ITTechChris
ITTechChris, Technician
Experience:  6+ years of professional experience as a IT Technician

Hi there My Epson SX610FW printer keep printing (very slowly)

Customer Question

Hi there
My Epson SX610FW printer keep printing (very slowly) "DeviceStatus?DeviceCapabilities?DeviceStatus?DeviceCapabilities?" over and over but the Staus report says no printing in the queue.
I have tried unplugging and rebooting and have checked the troubleshoot option with no problem found.
Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  ITTechChris replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer/Pearl, the highest ranked third party Q & A site in the world.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX am a professional technician here to provide you with the best Answer possible.

* Please remember to leave only a Positive 4/5 Rating on my performance when you are satisfied.

This can be a sign of a dirty print head.

Also clean the dirty parts inside with rubbing alcohol so it will evaporate when cleaned.

I also suggest getting this print head cleaner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RENEW-INK-PRINTHEAD-CLEANER-CANON-EPSON-HP-DELL-KODACK-/150694661528?pt=US_Cleaning_Repair_Kits&hash=item23161a0d98

After cleaning is all done and it works your good to go.

If it still runs slow, this leads to two problems:

1. Bad print head and needs to be replaced
2. The motor is going out.

I will be here for your response.

Please note that I may be offline when you respond, so please allow 12 hours for me to reply if you reply.

Please press the 4,5 number/Smiley Face button by My answer(s) to show and rate that I have helped you for that is the only way I am compensated for my work. Giving a bonus is always appreciated.
After pressing a Smiley Face/4 or 5 button, you can still post replies on this Q&A thread for any of your post-concerns. If you still have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris

I have cleaned as much as I can and done a print test which works fine, but as soon as the printer is idle, it starts this repeated printing of DeviceCapabilities?DeviceStatus? over and over as mentioned before, even when the computer is shut down. It does a line of A4 once every twenty seconds or so. Is there a way of resetting the factory settings on the printer itself?

Please turn off the printer from the mains wall socket and unplug it from your computer.
Plug it back in and switch on.
Allow it to warm up and try printing again but this time from the notepad application.
You can find this under the start button and under accessories in "All Programs"
type something random and select "File" and Print1 With the printer power on, open the cover and wait for the carriage to appear.
Unplug the printer from the mains and carefully slide the carriage to gain access to the print cartridges and remove them.
With a damp cloth or ear bud clean the print head. (isopropyl achohol with water works best)
Leave for 5 minutes and put the cartridges back in.

What is the result?

Here is also the manual if you have an interest in having it.

ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/3238/epson323825eu.pdf

Please press the 4,5 number/Smiley Face button by My answer(s) to show and rate that I have helped you for that is the only way I am compensated for my work. Giving a bonus is always appreciated. After pressing a Smiley Face/4 or 5 button, you can still post replies on this Q&A thread for any of your post-concerns. If you still have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The printer printed from the notepad application clearly but then afterwards went back to printing the Device lines as usual, with no instruction. I have taken the cartridges out as you said and cleaned the print head but it still goes back to doing its own thing. This does not appear to be an ink cartridge problem.

It comes down to the motor/printer head.
ITTechChris, Technician
Experience: 6+ years of professional experience as a IT Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Chris

Thanks for trying.

You're welcome. If you have any computer or electronic questions let me know.