Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have the Canon MP495. I had a paper jam and removed the

I have the Canon MP495. I had a paper jam and removed the paper. Now it is blinking E03 or whatever sequence it would be. How do I get it to stop and go back to printing? I have tried to disconnect from electric and computer but it still comes back to the same E03 and stated that I have a paper jam
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Please do this and let me know result via REPLY TO EXPERT button

This problem can happen because of following reasons :

1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck

2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust.

Let me know result via REPLY TO EXPERT button

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did try the above directions with no different results. I forgot to tell you that when I trun the printer on it makes the ususal noise of the ink cartridges going back and forth then the rollers just roll and then it quits and blinks o 3 E

What happend when this started is I had a paper jam and when I pulled the paper out this is what it did what I told you it is doing. I can't think the electric sensor is bad but just needs to reconize the jam is gone. Also, I could not get the printer to get the ink cartidages to go to the center do I could remove then before I turned it upside down but I still didi and shook it. If its the electic sensor how much is that b/c I didn't pay that much for the comuter.

If the above steps did not work, then its a hardware failure of sensors and the printer needs to eb repaired. If in warranty, Canon will give you free repair ... else you should first take a quote from them as in most cases it is cheaper to buy a new printer considering the return shipping cost.

Canon Repair :
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET, excluding holidays
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON (toll free)
1-800-652-2666

I am very sorry for giving you bad news, but unfortunately this is the only honest answer.

Let me know if you need further information via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

Please remember to rate my answer only when you are 100% satisfied.

IF you feel the need to click either "Bad" or "Poor", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thanks