Printer Expert
Printer Expert, Printer Pro
Experience:  Expert in all major brands and models.
47701907

How to scan documents on Canon mx892

Customer Question

How to scan documents on Canon mx892
Category: Printers
Expert:  Printer Expert replied 2 years ago.

printerexpert :

From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.

Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears in the menu bar, and the Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears.

• Select the machine from Scanners.

Select the Bonjour service name set to the machine. When Bonjour is disabled, the MAC address of the machine is displayed.

• printerexpert :

If multiple scanners exist on the network, multiple model names are displayed. In that case, you can select one scanner per model. For details, refer to the help file of IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.

• Click OK.

• printerexpert :

Note:

• The scanners selected in the Scan-from-PC Settings screen will be automatically selected in the Scan-from-Operation-Panel Settings screen as well.

printerexpert :

Setting for Scanning with MP Navigator EX

To scan over a network using MP Navigator EX, specify the machine with IJ Network Scanner Selector EX, then follow the steps below and change the connection status between the computer and the machine.

1. Start MP Navigator EX.

Full Size Image
      Starting MP Navigator EX

2. Click Preferences.

3. Click the General tab and select "XXX series Network" (where "XXX" is the model name) for Product Name.

printerexpert :

When you click Change..., the Scan-from-PC Settings screen of IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears.

If you have multiple scanners, you can select other scanners.

• For USB connection, select "XXX series" (where "XXX" is the model name) for Product Name.

• Click OK.

The Preferences dialog closes. You can now scan via a network connection.

Go to the Main Menu to check whether network scanning is enabled.

• printerexpert :

• Click OK.

• printerexpert :

Setting for Scanning Using the Operation Panel of the Machine

You can make settings for scanning using the operation panel of the machine.

printerexpert :

Set MP Navigator EX to use the machine via a network connection beforehand.

1. From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.

2. Click Scan-from-Operation-Panel Settings.

printerexpert :

The Scan-from-Operation-Panel Settings screen appears.

• Select the machine from Scanners and click OK.

The Bonjour service name set to the machine is selected by default. When Bonjour is disabled, the MAC address of the machine is displayed.

• printerexpert :

Return to the Scan-from-PC Settings screen and click OK.

printerexpert :

If the Bonjour service name or MAC address of the machine is displayed in gray or not displayed, or cannot be selected, check the following conditions and click OK to close the screen, then reopen it and select the machine.

- ScanGear (scanner driver) is installed

- Network settings of the machine is completed after installing ScanGear

Customer :

I have no idea what you are talking about. When I get to scanners the MX890 series appears with a bullet by MX890 series. I don't see anything about bonjour.

Customer :

Are you there?

Customer :

I don't see any response. I'm leaving. Bill me and I will send the documents by mail. So much for the Canon MX892 and JustAnswer.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Download and install the printers full driver software which includes scanner driver as well.

Install it and then try the scanner it will work.

Printer driver download link:

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mx892#DriversAndSoftware

let me know if you need any help.