LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  PC set up , configure and trouble shoot printers

Just bought a Canon Pixma MX 432. How to I enter passphrase

Just bought a Canon Pixma MX 432. How to I enter passphrase in letters. I keep getting just numbers.

Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  LOAJ3256 replied 1 year ago.

LOAJ3256 :

Hello - maybe I can help. Can you please tell me if you are at the printer screen menu, and see the lower left "key" that has letters when you are in the number (only) screen?

LOAJ3256 :

Entering Numbers, Letters, and Symbols

The machine allows you to enter characters using the Numeric buttons when entering information, such as unit name, a recipient's name for memory dial, etc.

Switching the Input Mode

The machine has three input modes: uppercase mode, lowercase mode, and numeric mode. You can use the Numeric buttons to enter characters in each input mode.

Each time the Tone button is pressed, the input mode is switched in the following order: uppercase mode (:A), lowercase mode (:a), then numeric mode (:1).

Figure:LCD
Full Size Image

The current input mode appears at the upper right corner of the LCD.

Full Size Image
Here describes the procedure to enter the unit name as example.

Full Size Image
"Registering User Information" in Setting the Sender Information

Entering Numbers, Letters, and Symbols

Figure:LCD
Full Size Image

Press the Tone button to switch the input mode.

Use the Numeric buttons to enter the desired characters.

To enter a space, press the

#
Full Size Image
button three times.

To delete the last entered character, press the Back button.

Editing Entered Numbers, Letters, and Symbols

Figure:LCD
Full Size Image

Press the

Left
Full Size Image
or
Right
Full Size Image
button to move the cursor under the position you want to edit.

Full Size Image
To insert a space

Press the

#
Full Size Image
button three times.

Full Size Image
To insert a character

Move the cursor under the character to the right of the insertion position, then enter the character. The character on the cursor will move to the right and the new character will be inserted.

Full Size Image
To delete a character

Move the cursor under the character, then press the Back button.

List of Characters Assigned to Each Numeric Button

Button

Uppercase mode
(:A)

Lowercase mode
(:a)

Numeric mode
(:1)

Fax/Telephone no.

1
Full Size Image

1

1

2
Full Size Image

ABCÅÄÁÀÃÂÆÇ

abcåäáàãâæç

2

2

3
Full Size Image

DEFËÉÈÊ

defëéèê

3

3

4
Full Size Image

GH I Ï Í Ì Î

gh i ï í ì î

4

4

5
Full Size Image

JKL

jkl

5

5

6
Full Size Image

MNOÑØÖÓÒÕÔ

mnoñøöóòõô

6

6

7
Full Size Image

PQRSÞ

pqrsþ

7

7

8
Full Size Image

TUVÜÚÙÛ

tuvüúùû

8

8

9
Full Size Image

WXYZÝ

wxyzý

9

9

0
Full Size Image

0

0

#
Full Size Image

- . SP*1

Asterisk
Full Size Image
# ! " , ; : ^ ` _ = / | ' ? $ @ % & + ( ) [ ] { } < > \*2 ~*2

#

Tone
Full Size Image

Star sign
Full Size Image

*1 "SP" indicates a space.

*2 Displayed only when entering characters in the LAN settings.

Customer:
LOAJ3256 :

I sent over details on how to enter alpha - numeric characters in detail on the 432 You can "zoom" in on the deatails if your browser supports, otherwise please contcat me if the format is not correct. Please advise and thank you for your time

LOAJ3256 :

Hello? The web site may be having problems and I did not receive your reply. Could you kindly re send , thank you for your time.

LOAJ3256 : Entering Numbers, Letters, and Symbols

Switching the Input Mode

Figure:LCD
Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Customer:
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience: PC set up , configure and trouble shoot printers