Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience:  10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers
40076313

I recently had to replace 2 cartridges and did so with refilled

I recently had to replace 2 cartridges and did so with refilled ones, not new ones. I can print a test page from HP website and the ink indicators are showing the cartridges as full.

However, when I try to print from other software (word, excel, email, etc) I get a message to
replace ink cartridges. It is like the new cartidges are not being recognized as full.

I was going to reinstall printer as I have tried unplugging, rebooting etc, but the Discs for the printer have been lost.

What can I do to have print capabilities again?

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no I have not heard from an expert. I would like too.

Hi there. The Printer Doctor is in and ready to help you!

Since the problem began with refilled cartridges, I would first say return them for another set. Better--switch to the original manufacturer carts, new off-the-shelf. Refillls and compatibles are cheaper but often not reliable in the long run. If you are going to use refills, best to buy them from your nearest Cartridge World store because they are reputable and you can take the printer with you to show them what is happening with their cartridges.

Try that and let me know if the problem is still there.

Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience: 10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers