Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

How do I scan photos from an SD card to the computer from a

How do I scan photos from an SD card to the computer from a Canon Pixma MG6200 Multifunction printer connected by USB?
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. Unfortunately the card readers built into printers are normally only used for printing from memory cards and not sending the images to the computer. Do you have a card reader on your computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have an older one - have ordered an SDHC reader (the reader built in is not the correct size for an SD card...) I am very disappointed that this big, jazzy printer will not do what my old HP did...
What model card is the card you are using?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's an 8G from a Trail Camera - not standard. My older reader will read these under 4G - not larger... so it goes...
Ok can you double check the model number of the printer for me? Is the correct model number MG6200?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

PIXMA

MG6220 is the correct #

Ok insert the card into the print what happens when you do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The card is, at present, in the woods in the camera... but when I did insert it yesterday I could view all the photos - no problem. However, rather than printing them I hoped to scan them to the computer to store them. This would be nice at least until I get that new card reader. Guess not?
I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news for you as I know this can be frustrating but unfortunately not on this particular machine it will only allow you to print them. I thought you may be getting an error as well which is why I asked you to try it again for me. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Canon printer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Freddy - I appreciate your time, even although I do not, just now, appreciate this printer! Good thoughts,

Linda

Your welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day (other than the printer of course). If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Canon printer.