Chuck Moore
Chuck Moore, Technician
Experience:  12+ years Network Experience with computers/printers

getting a 0x61011bef error code on HP Officejet Pro 8500A

getting a 0x61011bef error code on HP Officejet Pro 8500A all in one. Have shut down, cleaned, taken paper out...still get the same code after having to feed one page at a time through to print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Chuck Moore replied 4 years ago.

Chuck Moore :

Try going into the printer properties and make sure the paper type is NOT set to HP Brand! That causes this error alot! If it doesnt work, let me know and I will research it for you!

Chuck Moore :

This is a generic error message instead of a "carriage jam" error. If the above doesnt work, open all doors, checking for any scraps of paper that may block the stack of paper that is inserted. (Since it seems you can print one page at a time) Also clean the rollers, They will tend to not pull the paper if they are dirty, resulting in the above error.

I have done all of the above...

Chuck Moore :

OK, lets try this...

1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE]padding: 5px 10px; float: left;[/STYLE][/IMAGE]

NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ([IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] ). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.

Figure 1: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)

2. Remove the cartridges from the product.

3. Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.

NOTE:If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.

5. Wait 60 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ([IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] ).

7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.

8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

9. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.

10. Try printing again.

Now it wont print at all- I am shutting it down and restarting\

Chuck Moore :

If you load one page at a time, does it print OK?