DrKlahn, Engineer
Experience:  BSci: Electrical Engr., Industrial Engr, and Computer Sci.

I have a Konica Minolta PagePro 5650EN and keep getting a Memory

I have a Konica Minolta PagePro 5650EN and keep getting a Memory Full error Message. I cancel the print job and turn off the computer and try again. It prints a couple of pages and I get the error message again. I am trying to print PDF files from a loan signing website where the documents can be as big as 150 pages, but I can and do get error messages within trying to print as few as ten pages. This printer is less that three weeks old. Is there a setting that I'm missing. Something to control spooling etc.
Good morning. Thanks for using JustAnswer, the internet's independent source for answers to your questions. I'm XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXXnamed "DrKlahn."

This is a known issue with Windows 7 systems running 64-bit versions of Windows. It is caused by using an obsolete printer driver from the CD that was originally supplied with the printer, rather than the newer release of the printer driver.

If your system is running Windows 7, 64-bit version, please consult the support page at the following link and follow the procedure to update the driver:

If this does not apply to your situation, let me know and we will investigate further possibilities.

Though this may not be a solution, JustAnswer rules require that the information above be posted as an Answer. If anything in this answer is unclear, or you'd like something explained in more detail, don't hesitate to ask.

If the problem is not resolved or this answer is unsatisfactory for any reason, do not accept or rate it. Let me know why, give me a chance to correct it, and let me know how I can do better in the future.

Remember: Further discussion is always possible, even after an Answer has been accepted.

Disclosure: JustAnswer is not associated with Konica Minolta, and is not an official support site for their products.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have uninstalled the installed driver before installing a new driver. After downloading the new driver ....and unzipping with WinZip I get an error message...."Load Setup.N1fail.
What should I try next.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here's another error message when I click on the Setup64 icon on my desktop. "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

I'm a novice at this will need some basic instruction.

Thank you. Before going further, let's establish what version of Windows is on the system in question.

To determine which version of Windows is running on the host system, press the Windows key and R key simultaneously. A prompt box will come up. Click in the prompt box and type

and then click OK. This will produce a small window that identifies the version of Windows.

If the system is running Windows 98, NT, Me, 2000, or XP (in nearly all cases), it is a 32-bit system. For Windows Vista, 7 and 8, if you don't know whether the host system is running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, open a web browser and go to the following Microsoft web page:

Scroll down the page, click on the FixIt, and follow the instructions to run it. This will identify the system as either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Once you know the version of Windows on the target machine, and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, let me know this information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is 64-bit.

I just got home. It 10:06p in Montana. What time is it where you are at?
Since this is now confirmed to be a Windows 7 64-bit system and the standard fix above does not seem to work, I am going to pass this question back to the available question pool. This will allow another expert who has more familiarity with the specifics of 64-bit compatibility problems to bring their knowledge to bear on the problem. I wish you a quick and successful conclusion to this problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I tried to get support fro Konica Minolta for two hours today. Going from one phone tree to another, one person to another and ended up getting disconnected. One person was quite rude.....not sure how to talk to a service rep at konica Minolta. Thanks for trying.