Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

i have an kodak esp office 6150 i moved my office down town

i have an kodak esp office 6150 i moved my office down town and it is noe not concting to my computer it will copy but it won't scan or print it keeps reading not connected
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you today.

Do you use Windows XP and an USB cable to connect the printer with the PC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no a mac
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , I am not good with MAC, I will open the question so that, other experts can help you better.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay?
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Is this printer on the network, or is it directly connected via USB cable to your computer?

Also, On the Mac, can you click the Apple icon in the upper left > Select about this Mac > Post the version number shown under Mac OS X (10.7 for example)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mac osx 10.5.8
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah sorry about that ... on a network
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
No problem, do you know the SSID (network name) and/or password XXXXX your current network? You don't have to tell me here but I just wanted to check before I gave the directions to re-sync the printer with the network since you will need that info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i'm sorry to not answer you question directly but i do not know what a ssid is but this is my computer and my network so if you can tell me what exactly i'm looking for i'm sure i can get that information to you!
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Sure, this network name and password XXXXX would need to get from the wireless router in your office. If you let me know the router model we can try to find that.

Alternatively, we can take another route and just install the printer via USB cable, then switch it to a network printer (that way we don't need the wireless SSID and password XXXXX), please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the wireless router i'm going to retrive the information right now!
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know the router model when you get a chance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay i have all the information the router model is netgear N600
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Great, is the Mac you're talking to me from already wirelessly connected to the internet?

If not, is it wired to the back of the netgear router currently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for the delay I didn't see the last reply for some reason, so you are connect wirelessly right now, good.

Your N600 router should have a feature called WPS (Wifi Protected Setup) or Push N Connect, this will allow us to connect the router to your printer by pressing that button.

graphic

Can you look on the router and find the WPS or Push N Connect button, (normally the N600 has an LED indicator on the front of it that lets you know if Push N Connect is on or off).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
funny the design is different ther is no N but the are two round buttons on the oppositte side unlike the diagram now there is a big black button and a small black button i'm going to look at the booket to give you more information so i don't press the wrong button.
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Sure, please let me know if you find the Push N Connect or WPS button, it should be labeled with this:

graphic

If not, from this connected computer click one of the links below:

LINK1
LINK2

A login prompt should pop up, to login use admin as the username, and password or 1234 as the password

Once in, click Wireless Settings > On that page look for a key #1, passphrase, or preshared key box, it will show your wireless network password. You should also see the SSID on that page.

(If not luck on finding any of the above, we can still install the printer as a USB printer, then switch it over to wireless network, just let me know if you have a USB printer cable, one should have come with the Kodak printer).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay i must have gave you the make instead of the model or the model instead of the make or something becuase when i clicked on the like it said netgear WNDR3400 ...DOES THIS TELL YOU ANYTHING?
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to setting up the printer now, the push and connect button should be that big blue round one on the side of the router, please see this video:

LINK

Find that button? Please let me know once you do and I'll give the exact steps you need to reconnect your printer to the router, then install it on the Mac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that big humugus blue button all this time what do you want me to do? just press it?
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know, it was right there! Thanks for your patience, we don't want to press it yet. Please take these steps (click below to view, that big blue button is referred to as teh WPS button in the directions below):

graphic

Once you get the printer connected (or can't get it connected), please let me know and I'll give the final set of steps you need to get it working on the Mac wirelessly.

source: http://is.gd/9KG6Aq
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay i finally understand forgive my ignorance
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Not to worry, it's not exactly the most intuitive process. Please let me know once the printer says it's connected to your network and we'll take the final steps to get it recognized on your Mac again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay were right back were we started i thought it was saying press the home key but when i pressed it nothing happened
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Try to press the home button again on the printer, and in the window it should give you a list, can you use the down arrow to scroll through that list to find network settings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got it it on the network setting... thank you!
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
No problem, once you've selected network and pressed ok, please go ahead and continue with the rest of the steps (from 3 forward):

graphic

I'll stand by, let me know when you get to step 6 and you've got the message that the printer successfully connected to the network, or let me know if you get stuck anywhere along the way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think i m stuck it still searching for the wireless network...
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
After you push the WPS button on the router, is the indicator that it is working showing on front of the router (the push n connect light should be blinking after you press that big blue button):

graphic

If not, make sure the printer is within 10-15 ft of the router and in the same room, then repeat the same steps to try and get the printer connected again:

graphic

If it still won't connect:

1. On the printer press Home.

2. Press the down arrow to select Network Settings, then press OK.

3. Press the down arrow to select Print Network Configuration, then press OK.

4. What does it say for the IP address of the printer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ip address 0.0.0.0
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Ok it's definitely not on any network, it's very strange that the printer is not picking up the WPS signal, can you confirm, after you push the WPS button on the router, is the indicator that it is working showing on front of the router (the push n connect light should be blinking after you press that big blue button):

graphic
View Full Image

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay something happened while i was waiting for you i tried it again and some letter with percentages came up now it says error color ink needs replaced...
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
That's definitely unexpected during the network setup, it shouldn't say that...are you low on color ink? You may need to replace it if you are.

If not, can you try taking out the color cartridge and reseating it, then powering the printer off and back on again and see if the error is gone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it happened again immediatly do i chang e the ink cartrage so we can proceed or what what are your instructions?
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Well, we may not need to replace them, are you actually low on color ink, here's how to check:

1. Press Home.

2. Press the down arrow to select Maintenance, then press OK.

3. With Check Ink Levels selected, press OK.

The LCD shows approximate levels of ink in the cartridges so you know when it's time to order replacement cartridges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just replaced the ink it's good now!
what now?
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
It's very strange that the printer is not picking up the WPS signal, can you confirm, after you push the WPS button on the router, is the indicator that it is working showing on front of the router (the push n connect light should be blinking after you press that big blue button):
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it says in the screen select network to connect:
WPS CONNECT

V12H155CBS 100%

V7ZWS 60%

EH145 50%

AND THERE MIGHT BE MORE IF I SCROLL DOWN BUT I DON'T WANT TO TOUCH IT UNTIL YOU SAY SO!
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Plesae select WPS Connect, then press ok. Then select Push Button Configuration, and press ok. Now it will give you 2 minutes to go back to the Negear router and press the big blue button firmly. Make sure the Push and Connect LED light on front of the router is blinking.

Finally go back to the printer and looking at the screen, wait a few minutes and see if the printer eventually says it connected successfully or similar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay it says: unable to connect make sure you press the wps button on your router.

press okay to retry
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to sound like a broken record but you never answered this earlier, can you let me know:

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this button doen not exist on this one i have i have the big blue button on the side i hve two black buttons a small one and a fingure size on all black no N no symbls of any kind on either of them.
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
The big blue button on the side should be your WPS button, remember from this video (click below):

LINK

Are you pressing that button within 2 minutes after selecting push button configuration on the printer:

Press the home button, scroll down to network settings and press ok. Select wifi setup wizard then press ok.
Select WPS Connect, then press ok.
Then select Push Button Configuration, and press ok.
Now it will give you 2 minutes to go back to the Negear router and press the big blue button firmly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did everything step by step just as you said the big blue button light goes off the lights in the front are blinking the blus wifi light is on but it comes back unable to connect
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
We may need to manually enter the settings from the router into the computer. From your Mac, can you click the apple button in the upper left, then go to System Preferences > Network > Double-click on your router in the device list (or click the advanced button) > Now click the TCP/IP tab

Can you find these numbers in there and post them here:

IPv4 address or Router
Subnet Mask
Gateway Address
DNS Server address (click the DNS tab at the top to find this)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Configure IPv4: Using DHCP

IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.3

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router: 192.168.1.1

Configure IPv6: automatically

Thats the entire TCP/IP
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to click the DNS tab up top and make note of the DNS server address as welll. Once you've done that, now lets try this:

1. Press Home.

3. Press the down arrow to select Advanced IP Address Setup, then press OK.

4. Press OK again to continue.

5. Select Manual (Static) then press OK

6. You are prompted to enter an IP address, we will make a static one for your printer, enter 192.168.1.5 then press OK. Use the navigation buttons to enter each digit of the numbers.
  7. Now enter 255.255.255.0 for the Subnet Mask and press OK
  8. Enter 192.168.1.1 for the Gateway Address and press OK
  9. Enter the DNS Server address and press OK
  10. Once that's finished, let me know and we'll setup the final steps on the Mac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it came out 192.168.150 how do i make the dot
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Actually a correction from earlier, it looks like we need to enter the addresses with 0s as well, so that they are in triplet format, try typing in the numbers this way:

IP address: 192168001005
Subnet mask: 255255255000
Gateway address: 192168001001
DNS: add 0s to the number, so if the DNS is something like 192.168.2.1, then enter 192168002001

It should automatically position the dots so it looks like 192.168.001.005

If it doesn't, look for an area to switch from numbers to symbols on the navigation screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same problem with the DNS server with is 192.168.1.1
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
For the DNS server can you type 192168001001

and see if it fits and shows the dots automatically? It should say 192.168.001.001
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it went back to advanced ip adress set up after i finished the last one the dns and pressed ok
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Ok those settings should be in there now, lets double check:

1. Press home

Check and see if the numbers shown on that page match up with what you entered into the printer just now, let me know once you've done that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IPAddress:192.168.1.5
IP type: manual

network subnet: 255.225.225.0

Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Ok great! There's one more thing and this is my fault, we need to change the IP address from 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.150 (this will make sure it's outside of the DHCP range for your router).

1. Press Home.

4. Press OK again to continue.

5. Select Manual (Static) then press OK

6. You are prompted to enter an IP address, we will make a static one for your printer, enter 192168001150 then press OK.
  7. Keep the subnet mask, gateway, and dns all the same as before.

That's the final change we need to make, now on your Mac, please add the printer using the steps in this video:

LINK

The IP address you type into the Mac is 192.168.1.150

Let me know how that goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry nothing i would like to thank you far all your help and i am saified with your work i just think the printer is damged at this point i just don't know how it happen weve be at this for hours and you have done more then your being paid to do it's not your fault the add said that won't take it off my credit card if i'm not satified but i am satified with your work your not a miricle worker if it boken it's broken you tried everything you could think of it's just time i buy another printer i guess if there is any survey i have to fill out let me know i'll stay on line until i hear from you tell you office i want you to get paid you've done a great job thank you for all your help and patients
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear it's still not working, you may still try connecting the printer via USB cable to the computer (although that is unconvenient, I apologize...). If you can get the password XXXXX your Netgear router you can go back into the printer menu and try to connect to that network (instead of choosing WPS connect, remember when you saw this earlier through the network menu):

WPS CONNECT

V12H155CBS 100% <---Most likely this is your Netgear SSID network, you can pick it but you'd need the password, I've left notes on how to find that below:

V7ZWS 60%

EH145 50%

How to find the password XXXXX your network: Click one of the links below:

LINK1
LINK2

Once in, click Wireless Settings > On that page look for a key #1, passphrase, or preshared key box, it will show your wireless network password

Again I apologize for the inconvenience. I certainly appreciate the gesture, if you would like to rate me ok service or above it will ensure I am paid by the site.

Best regards,
Bernie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it won't stop printing now! Thank you!

for everything!
Expert:  Bernie replied 1 year ago.
Oh glad to hear, that's fantasitc! You're very welcome, and thank you for your infinite patience and allowing me to assist you today.

If you have other questions in the future and would like to reach me again, you can ask me directly here: LINK.

Best regards,
Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified