Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

My Canon PIXMA MP610 will not power on. The power cord is

Customer Question

My Canon PIXMA MP610 will not power on. The power cord is plub securely to the printer and the other end is plugged securely into a working outlet. What is wrong?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you today.

Please follow the steps below to hard reset the printer and let me know the result.

1.Remove all the cables from the printer.

2.Wait for 10 mins.

3.Connect only the power cord and try to power on the printer.

4.If the problem is solved, then connect all other cables, otherwise let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This didn't work. I checked out the bottom of the printer. It looks like the power supply is a separate unit attached with a screw. Do you think the power supply went bad?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
If you do not see any light on the printer, when you try to power on and if you have tried the printer more than one power outlet, then it seems to be the power supply of the printer or if the power supply is ok, then the main board is defective. I know, you may not like my honest answer, but I cannot provide you any facts, excepts the true ones.

Please remember, if you rate me less than 3 Star/Smiley (OK Service) , then I will not get paid for my time and effort and it is a negative rating. So,I request you to think before you rate my response and one more thing, if it is a hardware fault, then it is not possible for me to replace the spare through online, I can only tell you, what to do to solve the problem, because I cannot give you any wrong information, except the true facts. I hope you will understand.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, can you tell me, why did you rated "helped me little:", because this is a hardware fault and it is not possible for me to replace the spare through Internet.