Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Canon MX320 printer. How do you scan a document on

I have a Canon MX320 printer. How do you scan a document on this machine? Can you give me the step by step process? Thank you very much. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I live inXXXXXXXX. I bought this printer from a local XXXXXXXXXXXXXx but I lost the manual.

Did you install the Canon printer software cd disk yet?

Can you open the Canon program to scan?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

Can you click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Paint, then click on the down arrow icon (or File menu) on the top to scan from scanner or camera...?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you install the Canon printer software cd disk yet? - Yes

Can you open the Canon program to scan? yes

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer? 7

Can you click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Paint, then click on the down arrow icon (or File menu) on the top to scan from scanner or camera...? I do not know what this is.
When you open the Canon program, do you see the scan option?

Or another way to scan:
- Click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Paint
, then you will see the down arrow menu icon on the top left corner, then click on it
, then you will see the "From scanner or camera" option, then click on it
, then you can scan, and save.

Please let me know if it works or not. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I followed your directions:

1. Click on "START"

2. Click on 'ALL PROGRAMS"

3. CLICK ON "ACCESSORIES"

4. CLICK ON "PAINT"

5. CLICK ON DOWN MENU ICON

6. CLICK ON "SCANNER OR CAMERA"

7. CLICK ON "PREVIEW"

8. CLICK ON "SCAN"

9. I AM SUPPOSED TO SAVE IT AT THIS POINT BUT WHERE IS THE "SAVE" BUTTON? I COULD NOT FIND IT ON THE SAME SCREEN WHERE THE SCANNED IMAGE IS SHOWING.

Click on the down arrow menu icon again, then you will see the Save option. Or click on the purple floppy disk icon/button on the very top. Please click on the image below to see:
graphic

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still have a question. After I saved the scanned copy into my documents folder and I tried to retrieve and open it. But what I get is an unreadable code language. Why is this?
Please right-click on a scanned copy/file, then click on Properties, then click on Change, then browse to/select Paint, then click OK, and check. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much. I followed your instructions and my problem is solved. Again, thank you and I am ready to rate you. .....XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Great. You're welcome. Thank you.