Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Experience:  5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices

I have an Epson workforce 610. I cant remember how to change

I have an Epson workforce 610. I can't remember how to change ink cartridges.
I have done it before, but I don't know how to set the cage to get at it Thanks Wally
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert Preston replied 2 years ago.
Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
1.
Turn on the WorkForce 610 Series.
If a cartridge is expended, you see a message on the WorkForce 610 Series LCD screen. The icon on the screen indicates which color to replace. Press OK. Select Replace Now, then press OK. You must replace the cartridge to be able to print.
If you’re replacing a cartridge before it’s expended, press the Home button, press or to select Setup, and press OK. Select Maintenance and press OK. Then select Ink Cartridge Replacement and press OK.
2.
Open the scanner.
Caution:
Make sure the Auto Document Feeder (scanner cover) is closed when you open the scanner.
3.
Open the cartridge cover.
4.
Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
Warning:
If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
5.
Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)
6.
Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.
7.
Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge.
Caution:
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
8.
Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
9.
Close the cartridge cover.
10.
Close the scanner.
11.
Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
When you see a completion message on the display screen, ink charging is finished.
Note:
If you see an ink replacement message on the display screen, press OK and press down all the cartridges securely.
Caution:
Never turn off the WorkForce 610 Series while ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.

If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as the WorkForce 610 Series with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.

If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
Robert Preston, Technician
Experience: 5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices