Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
46422908

HOW DO I USE MY SCANNER? I HAVE AN SCX-4725FN PRINTER/COPY/FAX.

HOW DO I USE MY SCANNER? I HAVE AN SCX-4725FN PRINTER/COPY/FAX. I SEE A "SCAN" BUTTON BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.

THANKS,
GARY
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi Gary. I am Rick. I will be your Printer Professional. Here are the steps to do scanning operations on your machine. See if this helps you. Let me know how it goes.

Scanning with your machine lets you turn pictures and text into digital files
that can be stored on your computer. Then you can fax or email the files,

upload them to your website, or use them to create projects that you can

print.

Scanning basics

Your machine offers the following ways to scan an image:

• Via one of the preset imaging applications. Scanning an image

launches the selected application, enabling you to control the

scanning process. See the next section.

• Via the

SmarThruTM program supplied with your machine. Scanning

an image launches

SmarThruTM and enables you to control the

scanning process.

• Via the Windows Images Acquisition (WIA) driver. See the

Software

Section

.

Scanning to an application

1

Make sure that your machine and computer are turned on and

properly connected to each other.

2

Load originals face up into the ADF, or place a single original face

down on the scanner glass.

For details about loading an original, see page 5.1.

3

Press Scan To. Application appears on the top line of the display.

4

Press the Scroll buttons until the application you want to use

appears and press

Enter.

Microsoft Paint: Sends the scanned image to Microsoft Paint.

Email: Sends the scanned image to your default email program on

your computer. A new message window opens with the image

attached.

My Documents: Saves the scanned image in the default folder,

My Documents

, on your computer.

SmarThru: Sends the scanned image to SmarThru

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rick,

That is what I've been doing, however, when I hit the "enter" button, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gary
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you have no scanner drivers ans software for it. Go to the site below and in the downloads you need to download the 3rd and forth ones in the list (scanner driver, and smart panel driver)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Rick. I don't see any website address on your email though.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Yea that is because another brain cell died. I forgot to put it there. Try it now.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCX-4725FN

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just tried to run the drivers and it's saying windows does not support it - operation terminated????
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What operating system do you use, I should have asked before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sadly, I have no clue. My company furnishes this computer. I actually need to run to a dinner meeting. Can I resume this convesation tomorrow??
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sure. When you come back click start and then right click on computer and then properties and it should show you what OS you have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My OS is Microsoft Windows XP.

Gary

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

OK Gary. Lets try this for the drivers. Go to the site below and look down the list until you get to the windows xp drivers and click on it and run. See if they get it going.

http://www.siliconguide.com/drivers/device/1415/

Richard, Technician
Experience: AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rick,

I downloaded the drivers etc. but the scanner still doesn't work. Once I hit "run" etc. and download them, is there another step I must take?

Thanks!

Gary

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No. Hiting run is all you should need to do. If you go to devices on the control panel of the computer do you see the scanner showing there?