Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience:  10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers
40076313

Good Dau To allI have a Canon Pixma MP150 inkjet printer.

Good Day To all I have a Canon Pixma MP150 inkjet printer. It work absolutely great. But since a couple of day a message code error blink on the panel. E8. According to the help manual , it means that the cleaning ink cardrige is full and need replacement. They is no instruction in the manual How to do this or even where this cleaning ink cardridge is in the printer. It only mention to contact our Canon representative agent. Please let me know what I need to do to keep printing with my super printer. Thank you in advance for your help Martin PagéXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Printer Doctor replied 2 years ago.

Printer Doctor :

Hi there. The Printer Doctor is in and ready to help you!

This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At this point, printing is still possible. Press the <Black> or <Color> button to cancel the error. You will still be able to print for a short period. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

I recommend having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full. While there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair, replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. If you reset the absorber counter to "trick" it into printing after the absorber is actually full, you can damage the printer and have ink all over your desk! Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk.

You can contact Canon customer service at Canon to get the price for the service and to find the service center nearest to you:

Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON
1-800-652-2666

Please remember to click the green ACCEPT button for me (even if you have a Subscription or a Trial Membership) so I will get credit for helping you today. If you feel I've serviced you very well, positive feedback and a bonus is also greatly appreciated!

Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience: 10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers