Neelima
Neelima, Engineer
Experience:  B.Tech in Electronics & Communication

Hi there !We have a problem with our HP printer (CP5520

Customer Question

Hi there !

We have a problem with our HP printer (CP5520 Series PCL6) which will not allow us to print and shows an error message: 49.38.03

We have visited the HP site and are unable to find out anything about this error code or ways to resolve the prob;lem.

Can you kindly assist in anyway in throwing some light on it ?

e mail address XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Many thanks in advance & kind regards

Kwh
Category: Printers
Expert:  Neelima replied 2 years ago.

Neelima :

hi

Neelima :

welcome to justanswer.com

Neelima :

this is a firmware error

Neelima :

to fix this issue , try this

Neelima :

1. Turn printer on and watch when the display shows memory count, press and hold the down arrow until all three lights on the control panel are lit.

2 Press the up arrow

3 Press the home button, the message Skip disk load will display.

4 press the up arrow till NVRAM INIT is highlited.

5 Press the OK button

Neelima :

if the above doesn't fix the issue / you're not able to do the above steps

Neelima :

then you've to do a firmware update to completely fix this issue

Neelima :

see this link to know how to perform a firmware update

Neelima :

try this and let me know

Neelima, Engineer
Experience: B.Tech in Electronics & Communication
Expert:  Neelima replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Neelima replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ken,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Is your problem got solved?

Let me know,
Neelimark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, Neelimark,

Thank you for your follow up and for your original assistance. The procedure you suggested unfortunately didn't work as there was a main fault with the mother board. HP have now replaced the faulty board and the printer is now functioning proper;ly.

Although I hadn't clicked on the "green" button - frankly because I was suspicious about what additonal "freebie" offer this was going to commit me to on the "Justanswer" website (!!!!), I have spoken with HQ and informed them that your answer was both rapid and helpful. They have said that they will release payment to you following my telephone call with them.

Regards

Ken Hale

Expert:  Neelima replied 2 years ago.
Thanks ken,

I'm glad to hear that finally your problem got solved .. Thanks again for using justanswer.com