Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

how can i scan a document and save it in PDF on brother MFC-7840W? how

Customer Question

how can i scan a document and save it in PDF on brother MFC-7840W?
how can i scan multiple pages on brother 7840W
how can i fax multiple pages on brother MFC-7840W
tnku.
a.friedlander.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Printer Expert replied 2 years ago.

printerexpert :

printerexpert :

Click on the link and you will have all your fax related question answer here

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/faq/faq_list.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc7840w_all&Cat=105

printerexpert :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers as I may be helping others or i am not online.

If you need additional clarification on this question please do not hesitate, click the "Reply to expert" button to reply me and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. If the problem is resolved then you may hit the green smiley or the green accept button which ever is displayed on the chat screen, Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Customer:
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in the text you refer me to, there is no answer to my question how to send a multiple pages fax.

also you have not answered my question at all, abt the "scan" function i asked.

pls advise.

tnku.

X.XXXXXXX

You can use the scanner glass to fax the pages of a book, or a single page at a time. The documents can be up to Letter or A4 size. Press Stop/Exit to cancel a fax in progress.

A. Make sure you are in Fax mode .

B. Place your document face down on the scanner glass.

C. Dial the fax number.

D. Press Start. The machine starts scanning the first page.

E. After the machine scans the page, the LCD will prompt you to choose one of the options below:

Next Page?
1.Yes

2.No(Send)

Press

1 to send another page. Go to 6.

Press 2 or Start to send the document. Go to 7.

Place the next page on the scanner glass, press OK. Repeat 5 and 6 for each additional page.

Set Next Page Then Press OK

Your machine will automatically send the fax.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that solved this problem. tnku.

i still need the reply to my "scan" mode questions.

tnku.

X.XXXXXXXXX

The Scan to File feature allows you to scan a document and automatically save it
into a specified location on your computer in PDF format.

Follow the
instructions below to configure and use the Scan to File feature

Configure the Scan to File feature

Note

• The first two steps have two kinds of instructions respectively for Windows®
    and Macintosh. Refer to the instructions applicable for your computer and then
    continue to step 3.

• If the ControlCenter is not installed in your PC, go to the
    Downloads section.

For Windows® Users:

Download and install the Full Driver & Software
    Package
    .

Open the ControlCenter by clicking Windows/start-> (All) Programs ->Brother->
XXX-XXXX (Where XXX-XXXX is the model number of the machine)-> ControlCenterx

The ControlCenter application will be loaded in the Task Tray near the system
clock. (It appears as a blue square.)

• Double-click on the ControlCenter icon located in the Task
    Tray to launch the program window.
  • You can download the full driver software from this link

• http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc7840w_all
  • Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i know how to do a scan. i asked 2 specific questions to which i did not get a reply:

1. how do you scan a document and save it in "my documents" or "dasktop" as a PDF.

2. how do you scan multiple pages.

pls reply to the above 2 questions.

tnku.

X.XXXXXXXXX

I have answered your question sir please check from the top

Question 2.How do you scan multiple pages:

Answer:

A. Make sure you are in Fax mode .

C. Dial the fax number.

Next Page?
    1.Yes

2.No(Send)

Press

1 to send another page. Go to 6.

Set Next Page Then Press OK

Question 1. how do you scan a document and save it in "my documents" or "dasktop" as a PDF

download the printer scanner full driver first and then install it once installed when you scan any document it will give you popup windows where and which format you like to save if you have adobe reader installed in the computer then you will get the pdf as a saving option.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i still dont have the answer to my 2 "scan" questions.

the many mails you are sending me,i cannot answer you because my computer does not react when i click on "Reply to Expert".

I will opt out and open the question to other experts.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
    You need to scan to PDF (as a file format) using your Brother MFC-7840W.

It is recommended that you use either Brother Control Center (a program that Brother distributes free of charge for use with its products), or Presto PageManager if you have it installed on your computer.

If you do not have Brother Control Center installed on your computer, I will instruct you how to do so and how to use it, if you will tell me whether your Windows 7 is the 32-bit or the 64-bit System Type.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have control center 3 of brother installed on my computer.

i have windows 7, 64 bit system.

i want to know how to scan to PDF and how to scan multiple pages.

tnku very much.

a.friedlander.

Why not scan multiple pages through the document feeder on top of the machine?

Or do you mean, to scan multiple pages and have them all come out in the same file, as opposed to multiple files, one for each page scanned ?

To scan to PDF file(s):

Open the Brother Control Center 3 application.
    [if at any point these instructions are puzzling or not complete enough, just stop and ask me in reply and I will explain in further detail.]
    Click on CONFIGURATION, then on SCAN.
    Choose FILE (or EMAIL if emailing PDF, or doubtfully IMAGE but I don't think so).
    The Scan To configuration window will show.
    Two tabs, choices to configure, are here: SOFTWARE BUTTON (configuring the action of the Scan To button in the Control Center program on the computer.) or DEVICE BUTTON (configuring the action of the SCAN TO button on the printer itself.)
    Choose the SOFTWARE BUTTON tab for now (to do PDF scans from Brother Control Center.)
    On the File Type menu, choose PDF.
    Click OK. (All subsequent scans [with the Button of the tab chosen] will use this file type setting.)

Then to do the scan (with Control Center software):
    Place the document (if one page) on the scanner glass, or (if multiple pages) in the document feeder or ADF on top of the machine.
    Click on SCAN.
    Select 'FILE'. (For instance.)
    The document scans.
    Russell H., Printer and Office
    Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i get out the drum unit from brother printer mfc-7840w? pls

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
    Please open a new question for that issue - it is, I think, required by JustAnswer that such separate issues be addressed in separate Questions / cases.

But, thanks for contacting us! we appreciate your asking questions here at any time.

(If you direct the question to me, Russell H., in the question title, I will be sure to take care of it.)