Travis B.
Travis B., Technician
Experience:  A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk
16569391

New MG5320, showing "Cassette no paper" message. It is loaded

New MG5320, showing "Cassette no paper" message. It is loaded with paper. Rebooted, same error.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Travis B. replied 4 years ago.
This might be as simple as you need to make sure the paper you add is added in the bottom tray versus the rear feeder. the rear feeder is where the device draws the paper for aligning your print heads and where you can add special papers such as photo paper to print from. The bottom feed tray on the other hand is where most of your printing paper is drawn from.

If this is still having an issue you most likely have a sensor/hardware issue with your unit.

It's a sensor issue if you haven't done all the cleaning steps, including spraying the unit out with canned air from walmart or a local store, if this error doesn't reset you have a faulty printer on your hands with internal hardware issues.

I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like Canon and HP were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 50-75% off on services, repair, and new units(even it out of warranty).

You are welcome! Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile

Travis B.