Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your printer questions

I have a canon mp560 with a b200 error code what can I do?

Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

I'd like to let you know upfront that this is most likely hardware failure that will require service. This message means that the printhead has overheated and will need to be replaced. However, try these steps as a last ditch effort.

1. Open the Printer

2. Remove the paper from the tray

3. Unplug the printer

4. Carefully remove the ink cartridges from the printhead. Make sure you didn't leave any stickers or tape on the cartridge if they have been recently replaced.

5. Use a flashlight and see if you can find any jammed paper or foreign objects. Make sure that the printhead moves when you lightly push it. If anything seems to be keeping the printhead from sliding back and forth, remove it. (The printhead is what the cartridges sit in.)

6. Using a can of compressed air (you can find these at walmart or the dollar store) and blow out the inside of the printer, along any access doors, and where the paper is fed. This removes bits of paper from places you can't see.

7. WHILE THE PRINTER IS UNPLUGGED, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

8. Now we're ready to setup the printer again. Return the paper to the tray, return the cartridges to the printhead.

9. Very important: Hold down the stop/cancel button. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on WHILE holding down stop/cancel.

10. If the error persists, call 1-800-652-2666 for warranty support and/or a repair estimate. You can then determine whether or not it is worth the money to repair or just replace the printer.

Please click ACCEPT (and smiley face if asked) if I have answered your question. This is the only way I'm compensated by this site and it doesn't cost you anything extra. You can reply to this thread at any time. Thank you!