Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Canon printer MP250. It is pulling the paper through on 1 side

Customer Question

Canon printer MP250. It is pulling the paper through on 1 side only which immediately jams the job. I've looked at everything I can see and cannot find a problem, ie no paper left in, center rubber wheel turns without problem.

it first did this after I selected an Avery business card product from a MS Word. Hovever, I never put the card paper in, just tried a sample run with regular paper.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 years ago.

Make sure that you switched it back to regular paper in the driver

printers and faxes folder/

right click on the printer

select properties

it will be under the paper handling tab

I would still suspect some sort of a jam or foreign object first but you say there is none. The printer does adjust some for the thickness of the paper. Its possible that the wheels expect the paper to be thicker and just dont push down enough to get it.

You can also try fanning the paper and / or using a new stack. Humidity can affect it a lot and make it stick.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not even close. I tried before contacting you with a single vs 3 pages in the printer vs an entire packet. It happens regardless. The printer pulls down only 1 side of the paper - the right and then aborts because it registers a jam. There is NOTHING in the printer before I try again.

Answer is of no help.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 years ago.

did you try changing the paper type in the printer driver as i suggested ?

printers and faxes folder/

right click on the printer

select properties

it will be under the paper handling tab

The other possibility is the printer is physically broken.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did review the driver settings, and they are set to regular paper. The same problem continues.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 years ago.
check the paper SIZE. if it thinks that the paper is more narrow than it is it might only feed one side.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It wasn't of any help.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 years ago.

I am going to opt out here. If i could see it perhaps i could figure out what was happening but it may be a physical problem with the printer and I just cant think of anything else without actually looking at how its trying to pick up the paper

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
please leave me alone.