Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Canon MP272. I have installed new print cartridges

I have a Canon MP272. I have installed new print cartridges of the correct type. But the printer will not respond to the instruction to print. The yellow alarm signal shows. I have checked that the cartridges are firmly installed. I cannot find in the instruction manual how to align the printer heads.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Do you see any code on the small LCD screen of the printer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, there is nothing in the LCD screen now.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Please remove all the cartridges from the printer, then follow the steps below and let me know,

1.Remove all the cables from the printer.

2.Wait for 10 mins.

3.Connect only the power cord and try to power on the printer.

4.Reseat the cartridges and check the printer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The LED now shows two small lines moving around each other. The light in B is flashing. The hazard light is now off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The printer still does not respond to the instruction to print,

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Is it "B" or " E" ?please check carefully and let me know, if it is "E" then there must be some numbers after that, which will flash.Like E 1 3 or E 0 5 etc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it is B which is flashing.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Are you trying to replace the old cartridges, due to this same reason or the old cartridges were empty?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The problem started when I replaced old cartridges, which were empty. The cartridges I removed and replaced according to your instructions are new ones. But printing still does not go ahead.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
If you have the old cartridges, then please reinstall them and let me know, if you see the empty cartridge signal or face this same problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is taking too long. I have to curtail the session. It sounds like you don't really have an answer.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
You should understand, that I cannot see your printer and give you fast answer.If you have the old cartridges and if you face this same problem, when you install the old ones, then the print head is defective and if you do not face this same problem with the old ones, then the new cartridges are defective and you have to change them from the store.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have installed the old cartridges. The same problem persists, only now the C button is lit. Is that C for colour, with B for Black?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the print head is defective, can it be replaced or must I buy another printer?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
It seems the indicator is indicating the cartridges are empty and if you see both "C" and "B" , when you install the old one and only "B" , when you install the new one, then it seems the black cartridge is defective.