Travis B.
Travis B., Technician
Experience:  A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk
16569391

My Canon MP620 gives error code B200

I have error code B200 ON Canon MP620. My location is zip code 92054. Where can I take it for service? What is the approx hourly rate for repair?

I have turned it off. I have unplugged and plugged in the power cord. Turned it on. All of which my manual said to do. Now I trying to see if it is economical to fix it or replace it. Again it is error code B200.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Travis B. replied 4 years ago.

Please follow the steps below:
1- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
2- Make sure there is nothing on the ink cartridges, as in tape, or debris
3- Then clean the contacts on the cartridges, please use a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab no more ink comes over.
4- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them with genuine and original ones.
5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 60 seconds
6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If you are getting this message the printer needs to be serviced. I am going to provide you with the factory reset methods.

Instructions to change the machine back to its default settings:

Press the button.

Use the button to select [Maintenance/settings], then press the button.

Use the button to select [Device settings], then press the button.

Use the button to select [Reset setting], then press the button.

Press the up or down arrow to select one of the below options and then press .
Telephone no. only
Setting only
Reset both

Telephone no. only: Reverts the telephone number settings to default.
Setting only: Reverts the machine settings other than the telephone number settings, such as the page size, media type, and other settings, to default.
Reset both: Reverts both the machine and telephone number settings to default.

Use the button to select [Yes] on the confirmation screen, then press the button.

Press the button to return to the COPY menu.

Note: Reverts all settings you made to the machine since purchase back to default. However, some data may not be erased, depending on the current usage state of your machine.

If that didn't work that isn't good the B200 error indicates that something is wrong with the printhead. The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page. Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself.

This means that the printhead temperature has been exceeded and are most likely completely burned out. This often happens when the ink has run out and printing is continued, resulting in overheated printhead nozzles. However, it can also indicate a defective sensor inside the printhead, either way the printhead will need to be replaced.

You can contact the parts store at 1-800-652-2666 to order the replacement printheads for your model. They will come with instructions to install and this will get rid of the error.

You may still have a warranty with Canon, I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like Canon and HP were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 50-75% off on services, repair, and new units, even if out of warranty.

Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask.