Travis B.
Travis B., Technician
Experience:  A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk
16569391

I have a HP officejet 6700 wireless. I will not work. There

I have a HP officejet 6700 wireless. I will not work. There is a message that says ink system failure. Please turn printer off and then on. I ahve done this several times. It still will not work. Help..[email protected]
Category: Printers
Expert:  Travis B. replied 4 years ago.

This error is quite common on the HP 6700 model.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/ink-system-failure-error-0xc18a-hp/

Alright please follow the steps created by HP in this step by step guide to try resolving the error message:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01458034&lc=en&product=96118#N102

If you do all the steps and still nothing your print head is bad and or needs replacing.

If nothing is working I would advise to look up your warranty info as you may still have a warranty with HP, I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like HP and Epson were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 50-75% off on services repair, and new units.
(even if out of warranty).

Glad I could be of assistance, god bless and happy holidays! If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile

Travis B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did follow the directions but the printer still will not work. The message about the ink cartridges never showed.
Expert:  Travis B. replied 4 years ago.
Alright, that's not good!

(even if out of warranty).

Travis B.