Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your printer questions

Need drivers to connect my Cannon DR-2080C to Windows 7 co

Customer Question

Need drivers to connect my Cannon DR-2080C to Windows 7 computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

I need to know if your version of Windows 7 is 64 bit. Click Start, right click on Computer, and click Properties. Let me know if you see 64 bit anywhere on the properties screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is 64 bit
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Great! The driver for the 2050C is supposed to work. Click HERE to access the download page. Drop down the first box and select Windows. Drop down the second box and select Windows 7 64 and download the Driver.

Please click ACCEPT (and smiley face if asked) if I have answered your question. This is the only way I'm compensated by this site and it doesn't cost you anything extra. You can reply to this thread at any time. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried this previously but it didn't work. I got it to scan once, but when I closed capture pertfect and then opened it again, it did not work... got (not responding) when I tried. Capture Perfect is showing both scanners 2080C and 2050C. Do I need to get rid of the 2080C?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Canon doesn't officially have a driver for this scanner. However the 2080C is listed under the 2050C driver page that I previously linked to you. I'm not sure why it would install as both. Click on start and then Devices and Printers. See if there are two scanners here, and if either of them show any error. You can delete from here as well.

Also click start and type in Scanner. An option comes up that says Scan a Document or Picture. Click that and try to scan with this program.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I unintalled the 2080C driver and restarted the machine. I was able to scan a page using Capture Perfect. I closed capture perfect and tried to scan again an got the not responding message. I am only able to get the scanner to work again by restarting the machine.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Try Windows Fax and Scan and see if it works. That way we isolate this as either a problem with the Capture Perfect program, or with the driver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I tried a new scan in Windows Fax and Scan, I received the message that no scanners were detected.

When I close Capture Perfect it leaves an icon in the tray which I cannot get rid of without restarting or re-looging in. When I tried to uninstll capture perfect, received the message "Capture Perfect 2\Cappe.EXE is in use Please close the application. Again the only way I can close it is reboot or re-login. That appears to be the hangup. Since I scan infrequently, I don't want to leave capture perfect running all the time and if I close it, it won't work again until I reboot.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Before uninstalling, right click in an open area on the taskbar and click Task Manager. Click the tab that says Processes. Find Cappe.EXE and click to highlight it, then click the End Process button. Try the uninstall again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay between responses. I'm trying to fix this while doing my real job. So, ending Cappe.EXE makes it possible to start capture perfect again after closing it and have it work properly. I guess the final resolution to my problem is getting Cappe.EXE to close automatically when I close capture perfect. Any ideas?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Uninstall and reinstall the program after ending Cappe.EXE if you haven't already.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did do that and nothing changed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
What antivirus is installed on your computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Microsoft Security Essentials
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Click start, and type in msconfig and press enter. Click the startup tab. Click the Disable All button, apply, and OK. Restart the computer. Try the uninstall again. Whether or not it works, return to the startup tab, enable all, apply and restart again.
Thomas, Technician
Experience: Ready to assist with your printer questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately nothing changed. I have Paperprt on another machine and decided to try that. I was uable to get that to work, close the program, and then open it and it still worked.

Thanks you for all your time and effort on this. I will "accept answer" so that you can get paid.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
That's great!