sandy
sandy, Engineer
Experience:  B.tech, 7+ years of experience
33602187

I have an error code on my HP 7280 printer of 0xc05d2381 can

I have an error code on my HP 7280 printer of 0xc05d2381 can u please tell me what this error code is and when it prints it does not use all the ink cartridges
Category: Printers
Expert:  sandy replied 2 years ago.

sandy :

Hello Sir/Madam, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. Press Ctrl+D so that can return to this page easily.

sandy :

Please do not hit Accept now.

sandy :

Do it when we are done with chat.

Customer:

ok

sandy :

since how long are you facing this issue.

sandy :

Instead of writing down the steps, I am providing you the link so that you can understand the steps easily and follow them to fix this issue.

sandy :

Please follow the steps under the link provided to you.

sandy :

and this should fix the issue.

Customer:

yesterday it was only printing with the yellow cartridges replaced all the ink cartridges today its printing with a little black and blue no reds

sandy :

okay.

sandy :

Please follow the steps under the link provided.

Customer:

ok give me a minute

sandy :

thank you.

sandy :

Please hit (Ctrl+D) to bookmark this page or add to Favorites so that you can contact me back anytime.

Please scroll down and click the ACCEPT button as this is only I am compensated for my time, work and efforts. You can return to this question at any time after Accepting by simply clicking Reply To Expert. Hitting Accept will not charge anything extra. It will simply release the amount what you have already promised to pay. Thank you!

Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Customer:

ok followed those steps made it worse

sandy :

Please follow the same steps again, please..

Customer:

ok still no good i'm going to try and reload drivers it is only printing with the black cartridge and thats in normal mode and demo mode

sandy :

yes, you are right. first uninstall the printer driver as under:

sandy :

Please wait a minute.

sandy :

let me check it..

sandy :

A. follow the steps under:

sandy :

Step B.

sandy :

Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.

sandy :

Step c.

sandy :

If not fixed:

sandy :

Try cleaning the contact plates on the cartridge and the corresponding part in the carriage. Use a damp lint-free cloth. While cleaning the cartridge, make sure that the protective tape is removed completely.

To clear printhead you can try to heat some water and then just dip the part of the cartridge where the ink comes out into the water for a little while. Then let it dry and test the cartridge again.

sandy :

Thank you.

sandy :

sandy, Engineer
Experience: B.tech, 7+ years of experience