Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I have a Canon MG5220 printer/scanner/fax. When scanning I

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG5220 printer/scanner/fax. When scanning I only get an option of Auto scan and when trying to do multiple page scans I have to first scan one page, then get a screen that allows me to do multiple pages and so I have to start over. I used the online manual and read about ScanGear, followed the trouble shooting but I do not see the correction.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 years ago.
If you are having this trouble using ScanGear, try using MP Navigator EX instead. It is the standard program for managing, ordering, and configuring scans for Canon equipment, and works rather well enough.

If you do not have MP Navigator EX on your computer, reply telling me what operating system type/version it has on it, and I will advise you how to get the MP Navigator EX program installed.

If you are not using ScanGear, please let me know what program or programs you are doing the scans in. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not have MP Navigator EX. My operating system is Windows 7.
Please go to
Start - Control Panel - System [Information]

and look for the entry that reads, "System Type" - it ought to be either 32-bit or 64-bit. Please tell me which one it is, so that I may properly advise you as to obtaining and installing MP Navigator EX (unless, as is rarely the case, this particular printer model has no issue of that software to go with it. We'll see...)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry it is 64-bit.

Go to

then select
Windows at the left, and select Windows 7 (x64)
at the right.
Then click once on the Software link, and then download the
MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.02

and once it is downloaded and saved to disk, locate the downloaded file, and double-click upon it to start the installation of MP Navigator EX.

Once it is installed, try it, and you should find you have better scanning options than ScanGear will offer you. And its fairly easy to use.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thxs. all is well. Your solution works fine.
I'm glad to hear it!

Thank you for making good use of the advisory resources of