Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

My Canon PIXMA MP210 printer is displaying an error code E27.

Customer Question

My Canon PIXMA MP210 printer is displaying an error code E27. How do I fix this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Bernie and I will be assisting with your question. Please bookmark/favorite this page.

To further understand your issue, please let me know:

1. How old the printer is and the usage it gets
2. If this happened after replacing a cartridge or having a paper jam
3. If you use generic or refilled/recycled cartridges

Thank you, and I'll have some steps for you to try based on this information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. The printer is 4 to 5 years old. It could be a little older. It prints 200 to 300 pages once a week. Once a year is prints anual reports that are about 1000 pages.

2. The error message appeared while doing regular printing. However, for several weeks the printer has been giving a warning message that "the ink absorber pad is almost full" but it would allow you to conitinue printing.

3. Only Canon printer cartridges have been used.

Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, lets try these steps:

Open the printer and remove all cartridges > Sharply unplug the printer from the wall outlet while it is still on, and disconnect any cables from the back of the unit

Use a q-tip dampened with warm water to clean the copper contacts on the cartridges and in the printer > Keep cleaning until no ink comes off on the q-tip

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Note: You can clean around the square nozzle on the bottom of your cartridge if it has one, but never clean the nozzle itself!

Dry for ten minutes, then reinsert cartridges firmly

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Confirm that the ink cartridges are installed properly. They should snap in (2) is the correct position:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Leave the printer off for 10 minutes > While the printer is still unplugged from power, press and hold the power button for 3 minutes, then release

Finally, while holding down the stop/cancel button (or just the power button if you don't have those), plug the printer back in, and power on the printer if it doesn't do so automatically. If the problem is still there, we'll take further steps, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

could not remove cartridges - the cartridges would not center. They remained in the covered area to the right of printer.

james

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The device that moves the cartidges would not remove to the cartridges center as depicted in the change cartridges diagram. With the print cartirdges in the covered area on the right side of the printer, they are in accessable.

james

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I other activities to do now. I may return later. As of this time I am not satisfied with the response.
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay, I had to step away from the computer due to an emergency

Are you still not able to get the cartridges out?

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I called Canon printer support and was advised that the ink absorption pad needed to be replaced. The cost to replace the pad was about equal to buying a new modern printer. This is what I elected to do. Thanks for attempted help. Since we were not successful, I do not wish to pay the $28 fee.

james