sandy
sandy, Engineer
Experience:  B.tech, 7+ years of experience
33602187

I have a Lexmark Impact S305 printer and it wont print what

I have a Lexmark Impact S305 printer and it won't print what can I do
Category: Printers
Expert:  sandy replied 2 years ago.

sandy :

Hello Sir/Madam, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician and will assist you today.

sandy :

Please try to copy a page or print a test page (or check if there is any test print button on the printer) from the printer console without touching the computer.

sandy :

Please do not Accept it now.

6:58 PM

Accept it when you get the answer.

sandy :

sandy :

hello

sandy :

please reply back..

sandy :

you can type here.\

Customer:

Test page was printed.

sandy :

okay. good.

Customer:

but the test was done from the computer

sandy :

okay, it was done from the computer and printed.

Customer:

yes

sandy :

Now,please try to print anything else.

sandy :

using computer.

Customer:

It won't print

sandy :

Please follow the steps:

sandy :

1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the printer.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and the cable which is conneced to the computer.
3. Hold down the power button and Wait 60 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
5. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the printer.

Customer:

I did them

sandy :

so, please try to print now.

sandy :

Do you have printer driver disk?

Customer:

It only says sending your forms to the printer and then it goes off the screen and nothing prints.

sandy :

7:18 PM

Do you have printer driver disk?

Customer:

NO

Customer:

I don't know what you mean by that

sandy :

along with printer, you get a cd/dvd to install the printer driver on the computer.

sandy :

do you have that cd/dvd?

Customer:

No

sandy :

okay, I will help you download and install the printer driver disk.

Customer:

ok

sandy :

What is your operating system?

sandy :

xp/vista/windows 7

sandy :

hello

sandy :

please reply back to me..

sandy :

Step A.:

sandy :

Please restore your computer to the date when it was working fine.

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts. Please choose the nearest date when it was working fine and proceed further. Thanks

sandy :

Now, check if you are able to print or not.

sandy :

If not:

sandy :

Step B:

sandy :

Please open the link below:

sandy :

and Download and install the printer driver.

sandy :

Thank you.

sandy :

Please press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page( or Add to favourites) so that you can easily return to it and contact me any number of times.

Please scroll down and click the ACCEPT button as this is only I am compensated for my time, work and efforts. You can return to this question at any time after Accepting by simply clicking Reply To Expert. Hitting Accept will not charge anything extra, it will simply release the amount you have already promised to pay. Thank you! Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

sandy :

hello

sandy :

Do you have any other query, please reply back to me.

Expert:  sandy replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  sandy replied 2 years ago.

Step A.:

If not:

Step B:

Please open the link below:

Thank you.

sandy, Engineer
Experience: B.tech, 7+ years of experience