Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your printer questions

I have just purchased a new canon printer MG5320 and have just

I have just purchased a new canon printer MG5320 and have just installed the ink cartridges and I am getting an error message C000. The carriage won't return to the centre of the machine, so I can't check the ink cartridges. The printer is not connected to a computer and no software installed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

That's a cartridge error. The first thing to verify is that you're using genuine Canon ink. Even if you've been able to use different brands before, your first step is to use a genuine cartridge. If you are, lets move on.

Remove all cartridges , make sure all tape/stickers have been removed from the contacts, and inspect the cartridge for any physical problems. If none are found, clean the contacts with distilled water. Use bottled or filtered water if distilled water is not available. Tap water can contain contaminants that damage the cartridge. Use cotton swabs or any soft, lint-free material that will not stick to the cartridges (coffee filters work well). Let me know if you have the same error after returning the cartridges.

Please click ACCEPT (and smiley face if asked) if I have answered your question. This is the only way I'm compensated by this site and it doesn't cost you anything extra. You can reply to this thread at any time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I mentioned in my initial query that the carriage won't return to centre and therefor I cannot access the cartridges. How do I get the carriage to return to centre? Usually this happens when you open the cover. I am using the provided ink cartridges, but I did drill them out befor installation for future refilling purposes.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
If the carriage is stuck, you're looking at a hardware issue. Unplug the printer for 20 seconds, plug it back in and open the printer. If the carriage doesn't move this time, try to use a little force to tug it free.