Handy--Andy
Handy--Andy, Technical
Experience:  Helpdesk

Im getting error 3527 on Kodak 5250 printer. There are no

I'm getting error 3527 on Kodak 5250 printer. There are no obstructions. The carriage moves easily back and forth but not on its own. I have turned the printer on and off dozens of times. I have also taken out the cartridges and the printhead several times. I don't know what else to do. The error message came on the LCD display when I put a new color cartridge in, but I had been using the black cartridge. It was about two-thirds full. Also, black ink is leaking out on the paper in the tray. The printer was installed on July 1,2011. Can someone help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Handy--Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Andy (in the UK)
I will deal with your issue as best as I can.
JustAnswer is the largest paid online Expert answers marketplace

Do you have a spare black cartridge?

I suspect that might be faulty.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Carriage still doesn't move and the error message is still there. In trying to correct this error, I came across the following instructions:

Download firmware file to computer.Double click exe. file; then follow instructions on screen. Wait for "update complete". Click OK to complete firmware installation.

Does this mean anything to you? I never saw the message "update complete".
I wouldnt go down the firmware route just yet.
This is normally a cartridge error and because you have a leak on the black I would suspect that cartridge is faulty.

Do you have a spare black one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have put in now two new black cartridges. I'm sure you know what error 3527 is, but just in case: Printhead carriage jam. And the LCD display tells me: Open printer access door. Clear any obstructions. Check installation of printhead and ink cartridges. Close door. Press OK to continue. (Error code 3527)

These instructions render no response from the printer.
Many thanks.

Can you remove the cartridges and give the machine a good clean as much as possible.
Im wondering if the ink spill is causing a sensor error.

After a good clean and being switch off from the power please come back to me.

Many Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turned off the printer and took out the paper. I took out the cartridges and the printhead and cleaned off all the wet ink. I wiped off the carriage track inside the printer. I cleaned out the paper tray. I put everything back and turned on the computer. Same results and same message.
Many thanks.

Can you switch the machine off from the mains supply socket.

Now switch it back on after 30 seconds while holding the ok button down.

Keep holding the ok for a further 30 seconds and then release.

How is the machine now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Same message. Carriage doesn't move.

Thank you for your help. I use my printer a lot. Maybe I just wore it out. Anyway, I'm off to WalMart to buy a new one.
Your welcome
We did try but I think your making the right decision.

All the best
Handy--Andy, Technical
Experience: Helpdesk