romr2009
romr2009, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control
24179821

Problem : Brother control center doesnt work (using from icon

Customer Question

Problem : Brother control center doesn't work (using from icon on top of desktop) to connect scanner (printer Brother MFC-9440 CN)

I'm using a Mac Book Pro with 10.6.8 OS
The Brother Control Center application is working with all other Mac's at home but not with mine.
I get as message :"Unable to launch the Target Application" (which application ???). Restart your computer and try again (already done 10 times). .....please confirm the Target application has been properly installed (????) or change "Target Application" to another application ?????
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I'm still waiting for an answer. I'm writing from Europe. It's 9:00 PM now and I'm going to sleep. An answer tomorrow is fine for me

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  romr2009 replied 4 years ago.
Hello Sir or Madam and thanks for choosing the JustAnswer.com Printers and Office subcategory of the Electronics category.

• Check your hard drives for soft errors.

---

• Turn off the unit in the usual way with the shutdown menu.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Since this is a unibody, disconnecting the battery may be too difficult.
  • Wait 20 minutes before re-applying power.

-----

• Re-apply power and boot-up using the installation DVD if possible to use the Disk Utility.
  • Check the amount of free disk space available to rule out memory paging delays due to insufficient memory or page memory disk space.

-----

• Depending on the age of your system the hard drive may be having problems.
  • Consider a replacement hard drive if disk utility can't fix the problem.

-----

• If you don't have the system CD/DVD:
  • Open Applications.
  • Open Utilities.
  • Run Disk Utility.
  • Select your startup drive and click Verify Disk.
  • Select your startup drive and click Verify Permissions.
  • If there are problems, try to do both repair options.
  • Wait for the repair to complete.
  • Reboot.

-----

If you have the system CD/DVD (best option):

1. Start from your Mac OS X Install disc: Insert the installation disc, then restart the computer while holding the option key.
  2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer
    Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility. menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)
  3. Click the First Aid tab.
  4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
  5. Select your Mac OS X volume.
  6. Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Tip: Always start up your computer from an Install or Restore disc when using Disk Utility to verify or repair your startup volume. Otherwise, you might see some disk error messages.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I followed the instructions but it didn't change anything. Moreover, my hard drive is quite new which is in contradiction with one of the assumption proposed to me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I installed the TWAIN driver already a few days ago. Nothing changed. I retried after your message following your link. No change. I upgraded my Mac Book Pro to OSX 1.7 Lion and downloaded the TWAIN driver for OSX 1.7. but.... again without any change.

Expert:  romr2009 replied 4 years ago.

The icon you are clicking on is just a pointer to the application.
Even if you install the application again, the icon may still be pointing to the old (bad) file.
-----
Right-click the icon to find the original application.
Delete the application.
-----
Click on the icon again to see where it points to.
Delete the icon.
-----
Re-install the Brother software.