Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

What is the "WPS button on the access point" that I am supposed

Customer Question

What is the "WPS button on the access point" that I am supposed to hold to connect the canon printer to my Linksys wireless?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

What is the model of your Linksys router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's Linksys Broadband G wireless router
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
There are several different models. Look on the bottom for a model number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WRT54GV5
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
This model of router doesn't have a WPS button. It as a Secure Easy Setup button on the front, which looks like THIS.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pressed the button as called for in the directions. After the printer attempted to connect to the access point I get an error message. "Time out error, Check the access point. See the access point manual." I'll see if I can find the Linksys manual.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure. Let me opt out and see if someone else knows whats up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I don't have the manual.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am glad to assist you.

In order to connect the printer to the wireless network, you have to know the SSID (wireless network name) and WEP Passphrase (password).

Insert the printer driver disc and start installation using the disc. You will get an option says Wireless Connection. Be sure to select Wireless Connection on the Connection Method Selection screen. Follow the on screen instructions.

If you have any questions, please let me know. If the issue resolved or the response was helpful, please click ACCEPT, so that I can get paid for my time and effort.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you all. In spite of the error messages from my printer the connection was made and I can now print remotely.

Stuart
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.
S H E F I N