Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

Hi, I have a brand new Canon MG3100 series all-in-one printer.

I have a brand new Canon MG3100 series all-in-one printer. After the most recent software update from Canon, the scanner has stopped working. I have a MacBook Pro. When I go to system preferences and select the scanner (click open scanner) it gets stuck on "Trying to open scanner"

Please help! The scanner is one of the reasons I bought the printer.

Thanks,
Scott Arizala [email protected]
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am still waiting for some help.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer, I'll be assisting you with your issue today.

On the Mac, can you click the Apple icon in the upper left > Select about this Mac > Post the version number shown under Mac OS X (10.7 for example)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm running 10.6.8
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX these steps:

Favorite or bookmark this page so you can return to it easily, then take these steps:

Click the apple icon in the upper left > System preferences > Print and Fax

Right click your printer (or press and hold the control key, then click) to select Reset printer system

Restart the mac, then return to this page > Click HERE and get the printer driver from that page (click the red download now button, then save, open, and install the setup file) > After that setup is finished, do the same to install the scanner driver, click HERE, and the scanner program, click HERE

After you've installed all 3 drivers, try to print and scan again. That should fix it, please let me know if it does not and we'll take further steps, thank you.
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified