tekbabe
tekbabe, Technician
Experience:  Worked as an Epson Printer Technician at CompUSA

i have a Dell V715W printer that has stopped communicating

i have a Dell V715W printer that has stopped communicating with my computer. Did all the unplugging, etc. tried to uninstall to reinstall and it wouldn't let me "the printer is busy, wait until it is finishe." tried to remove all items waiting in the quere, but it wouldn't let me remove one. tried wiring it. Finnally re-installed w/o uninstaling. I t then gave me a choice of which installation to use, but still wouldn't communicate with printer. The printer works if you print directly? Can this printer be saved and at what cost?
Category: Printers
Expert:  tekbabe replied 2 years ago.

Hello

If I understand your issue...the printer works fine if it is is directly connected -but will NOT work wirelessly,

Thanks TEKBABE

• What operating system are you running?
  • Is this a cable or FIOS connection
  • what is make and model of ROUTER
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, it doesn't work either way with the computer. U can put a doc directly in printer and it copies.

windows 7. ? . RCA dhg525 2
Expert:  tekbabe replied 2 years ago.

Hello

If this is a computer what are you using to connect wirelessly?

I want you to do this

SHUT down laptop/computer totally

disconnect everything from it...printer, usb cable, etc

At the very second you push the power button to turn it on start tapping F8 (function key)
every one second.

You will eventually see a DOS screen and choices...CHOOSE SAFEMODE WITH NETWORKING with the up and down arrow

If given the choice...sign on as ADMINISTRATOR

once on the desktop...open CONTROL PANEL / printers - and RIGHT CLICK the printer and LEFT click REMOVE or DELETE..if there are items in the queue you can clear them from there.

THEN

Still in control panel / PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - DELETE any items for printer.

Restart normally and make sure all is clear.

Let me know when you are at this point.

Thanks, TEKBABE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did as you suggested: disconnected everything but power. when selected safe mode with networking, I did not see any choices like "sign on as ADMINISTRATOR." But a box came up "what is safe mode" nothing to indicate a choice to go to desktop.

I am very computer ignorant so it all has to be in baby steps--don't assume I know anything.
Expert:  tekbabe replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Thanks for the update...go through the steps again

and when you get to WHAT IS SAFEMODE...just proceed to desktop and do as I instructed from there.

Let me know

Thanks, TEKBABE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i get to desktop after choosing safe mode? I don't see that as a choice. But when i turn the computer off and back on, it immediately prints things i tried to print before shutting down but after resatarting, it won't print unless i turn it off again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you give up? I think I have. I have tried to uninstall the printer to reinstall or replace the @$^^$## XXXXX but it won't let me uninstall which makes me think that is connected to the problem. When I try it, a box comes up and says the uninstaller is running and wit until it finishes, but that never happens.
Expert:  tekbabe replied 2 years ago.

No have not given up on you

We need to focus on ONE issue at a time

please follow the following step by step = if you have done that the printer will NOT be connected

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/safe-mode-windows-7_5.htm

graphic

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE... YOU WILL SEE A DOS (BLACK SCREEN) WITH A WINDOWS LOGO...these are the screens you should see when you follow the steps below -

I want you to do this

SHUT down laptop/computer totally

every one second.

THEN

Let me know when you are at this point.

Thanks, TEKBABE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I will try this later. In the meantime I gave up and bought a new printer. Thanks
Expert:  tekbabe replied 2 years ago.

Please let me know

TEKBABE

tekbabe, Technician
Experience: Worked as an Epson Printer Technician at CompUSA
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
end attempts.

thanks
Expert:  tekbabe replied 2 years ago.
Have a great Easter