Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer
Experience:  City of Guilds 224, Kyocera, IBM, Novell certifications. 24 years IT experience.
29964247

My Epson Stylus SX115 wont print. A symbol like a light bulb

My Epson Stylus SX115 won't print. A symbol like a light bulb or tear drop is flashing. There is paper in the machine. How can I get it to print again? Thanks in advance. Rosemary
Category: Printers
Expert:  Colin Vincent replied 4 years ago.

Colin Vincent :

Hi there Rosemary, my name is Colin

The droplet symbol is an ink level warning. When the ink level is getting low it will flash to warn you that you have limited prints left and should obtain replacements soon.

When the ink eventually runs out the droplet will stop flashing and become solid, at that point you have to replace the ink to continue printing.
Because the ink is also the coolant for the printing head the printer will not print with an expended cartridge installed.