Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
19897260

I have a Canon Pixma MP495 and having trouble scanning. When

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MP495 and having trouble scanning.
When it strarts to scan, it goes through the scanning process and then it sticks and says "please wait a few minutes". I never goes beyond that and the only way I can get out of it is to shut down the computer. I have tried 5 times and it always does that. Once I went to the store and back and it was still "waiting"
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

Question, when you scan are you initiatiing the scan from the computer.. Or from the control panel on the Canon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am scanning from the computer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you

The computer your trying to scan from.. Is it a mac, a widnows xp, vista, or windows 7 computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
one last question.

do you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows 7 ?>

if your not sure.

click start, right click on computer, left click properties..

Then.. where it says system type it will say 32 or 64
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
64 bit I have had this computer for a year and it hasn't had this problem.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

Lets try to reload your scanner software, and hopefully that will solve the issue.

please go to the link below.

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mp495#DriversAndSoftware

at the bottm of the page where it says select operating system, click it and choose windows.

then to the right, click the select os version and change it to windows 7 x64

then, click drivers underneath on the list that pops up..

select this driver

MP495 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows 7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)

download it, once downloaded, make sure to run the file to install it.

Then next, lets download the newest navigator software for the machine

On the same page where we choose the driver.. instead click on software underneath drivers..

then dwnload this file

MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.02 (Windows 7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)

once downloaded make sure to install the software... once its finished installing both softwares,

restart the computer.

then go to start, all programs, and find the canon navigator software we just installed, and ru n it.

Use it to scan.. Can you scan now?

If this solution helped, Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you. Also, please rate the solution...

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to If the solution worked, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator