Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
19897260

CP4005 image transfer kit shows 12% usage left. Will the printer

CP4005 image transfer kit shows 12% usage left. Will the printer stop working when it gets to 0% or will I be able to go for a while yet?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

Probably as it gets closer to zero, your prints will start to fade, and have negative effects, blots, streaks, etc..

When it hits zero, it could continue to print.. But it is dangerous to the machine to do so.. As it can cause other parts to fault..

Your best bet is to order a replacement kit now, Such as at the link below

Click to view and order

The kit should get about 100,000 pages..

If you have any further questions, please let me know.
If this solution helped, Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you. Also, please rate the solution...

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to If the solution worked, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not happy wity your answer. I have an old 5P HP printer to whose parts are original for over 10 years. It has gone through 20 - 30 ink cartridges and runs no problem.

I want to know if the printer will just stop working when the counter in the machine gets to zero. I want a definite answer

I don't think you know the answer to my question and that I should not have to pay for it - you have helped me not at all.

Anything more you can provide

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
An image transfer unit, as its name implies.

helps to transfer the image from the machines software, onto the paper. They only work for about 100,000 pages..

Once the unit reaches end of life, and also before it reaches zero. It will start to have problems tranferring the image to paper.

I did indeed answer your question, and gave you the correct answer.

And with the further information you provided.

1. The machine is over ten years old
  2. 20-30 ink catrridges.

You have to expect that the transfer unit , and other consumable parts would need to be replaced at some point, right?

Yes, you can continue to print up untill 0 percent and maybe beyond it.. But as I answered already, You will start to have issues with your printouts.. They will be light, faded, or non existent. and you can also damage other parts of the machine by running it on a part thats past its expected life cycle.

There is no other answer to your question.. It has been answered completely and correctly.. Im sorry your not happy with the answer, yet it is the correct answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You should know if the unit will continue to print or not...the unit in question is my 4 year old CP4005 not the old 5P.

I am paying, but under duress

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure if your getting my full answer.. But I will restate.

the unit will continue to print up untill and possibly beyond 0 percent.

However..

• The printouts will start to gradually become more light, and faded
  • You will start to notice other issues, banding, streaking, and other print quality issues.
  • The toner cartridges and other belts, and internal devices could sustain damage from using a transfer kit that is past its working life span.

Short answer, yes, you will be able to continue to print. But expect your printing quality to slowly degrade the closer you get to zero and beyond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Possibly..........what is this word? Will the computer in the printer simply shut off future printing.

When a cartridge runs out - say Magenta - I can't even print black and white.

So the worry here is when the counter gets to zero on the fuser....will the unit just stop...YES.....or ......NO

An expert should be able to answer the question....

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Ive answered several times.

all you have to do is re read my responses.. Note that, you asked about the

Image transfer assembly, you did not ask about a magenta cartdige, or other color cartridge.

I will repost my answer again.

However..

The word possibly, is in reference to the statement of " beyond zero percent"

I cannot gurantee it will continue to print beyond it, or even until zero.

before it hits zero, your printouts could become so faded as to be unusable.. That could start happening today, tommorow, or.. Who knows when.

Im a technician, I cannot predict the exact life of your transfer assembly. I can only give you an educated guess based upon other transfer assemblies and past performance.

No one can predict exactly how long it will be able to print..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One more time for please.

Does the CP4005 have an electronic cut off that stops prints once the counter on the 1) Image Transfer Kit Part # XXXXX or 2) the Image fuser Kit 110V-Q7502A gets to zero percent?

YES ... or .... .NO

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you will be able to print.

There will be a warning message, telling you that you need to replace Part A or Part B.

But you can ignore the warning message, and continue to print.

To recap.

Yes, you will be able to print.
How long? Unknowable. Because your prints will start to become more and more faded and at some point , become un-usable.

Could it print beyond 0 percent.. yes.
Will it absolutely be able to print legibly for X amount of time.. no one can know.

The image transfer kit is rated at 100,000 pages.. Maybe yours gets 110,000 pages. Maybe it only gets 90,000..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The question was not answered...I didn't ask could it...I asked:

YES ... or .... .NO

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure if my messages are getting cut off, If so.. then you may have an email viewing or display problem that i can help you with if you want to start a new question.

I will repost again the answer I just sent you, in direct response to your question.

> Yes, you will be able to print.
<

Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
I went above and beyond with clearly detailed answers..

Your feedback is unwarranted

Your original question,

"CP4005 image transfer kit shows 12% usage left. Will the printer stop working when it gets to 0% or will I be able to go for a while yet?

"

Was answered within 4 minutes.. I went on to answer every additional question you had..

It was nice working with you.. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We can defend but we do not improve until we recognize our errors. I asked if:

Does the CP4005 have an electronic cut off that stops prints once the counter on the 1) Image Transfer Kit Part # Q7504A or 2) the Image fuser Kit 110V-Q7502A gets to zero percent?

YES ... or .... .NO

You obviously do not know the answer to the question...but you are paid...and now I will wait and at a mission critical time when the counter goes to zero...find out if it simply stops.....

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Still not sure if your getting my full emails.

The machine, will put up a warning message when the counter reaches zero.

You can continue to print, despite the warning message.. Though its highly recommended not to do so..

It will not cut off. but you will recieve the warning message.

However, your prints may not even be usable, as the quality will surely degrade as the part gets closer to the end of its life.

I suggested ordering a replacement now, and sent you a link to do so. If you dont want to be left hanging at a "mission critical time" .. Then your best bet is to order a replacement part now.. Especially if this machine is mission critical.

I do know the answer, And being that Ive sent the same answer several times, and dont have anything further to add other then to repeat what ive already said. i can only suggest that you refer back to our entire conversation where I have politely restated the same answer with much additional info and even links to replacement parts.