Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Epson Artisan 810 keeps indicating a paper jam and says the

Customer Question

Epson Artisan 810 keeps indicating a paper jam and says the unit needs to be turned off. When turning the unit back on it pulls the CD tray back into place and it makes a high pitched screech as it is pulled back into place then the display panel flashes there is a paper jam. Have tried unplugging, opening up, wiping rollers
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi

This problem can happen because of following reasons :

1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck

2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then this repair will cost you much more than buying a new Printer. If its in warranty certainly call Epson

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had tried all those things except removing all the ink, which I then did along with everything else again, banged on it, lightly dropped it a couple inches off the ground. Then as it was starting up I lifted the cover and noticed the noise was coming from what I think is the print head and it appeared to be getting stuck on something and wasn't moving into the correct position so I pushed it further to the right and it finally started up without giving me a paper jam error.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for keeping me posted.