Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.

my 9250 kodak printer will not print black. I have put a new

my 9250 kodak printer will not print black. I have put a new cartridge in and also tried a second cartridge. still doesn't print. color is find.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

OK. Lets give this a try. Remove the black cartridge and then use a q-tip and some alcohol or warm water to clean the contacts on the cartridge and in the carrier. Make sure the printer is off when cleaning. When averything is dry put the cartridge back in and give it a try. Letme know how this goes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Now it sounds like it's typing 1 line and shoots the paper out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's not fixed now it is sounds like it's printing 1 line and then shoots the paper out with nothing on it.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
OK, that does give us a clue. There are only 2 things that can cause what you describe. One is a cartridge with a faulty chip in it but you have replaced the cartridge (with a new one and not a refill I hope) and the other cause is a defective printhead. The printhead can be ordered from Kodak for about $50 and the instructions for replacing it come with the new one