Travis B.
Travis B., Technician
Experience:  A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk

printer indicates a paper jam, but there isnt one. All clear

printer indicates a paper jam, but there isn't one. All clear but still insistes there is a jam.
How do I get it to start again?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Travis B. replied 2 years ago.

I would open all access doors and check to make sure there are no torn pieces of paper inside the printer. I would also clean the printer to make sure all sensors, contacts, and rollers. Make sure the print fuser is not wrinkled and that the roller inside the fuser is nice and neat. Gently turn the printer upside down and shake it to see if anthing falls out of the printer.

Also turn the printer off and unplug the power cable. Press and hold the ON button or the Power button for 45 seconds and release. Plug the power cable back into the printer and turn the printer back on. See if the message is gone.

Alright if that did nothing that means there is a tiny piece or pieces of paper inside the unit on or by a sensor. Basically you can head to walmart and get a cheap canned air and spray it inside all over, you will be suprised how much stuff comes out. Open and/or lift everything that you can possible slide or remove to find any piece of paper at all. It's amazing how a lil piece of paper about the size of an inch could cause this hassle. Usually in these laser printers, stuff that you can more around or remove from the printer is labeled green.

If you still can't find a paper jam, it is possible that there is another problem causing it, such as a sensor gone bad at the same time. I would recommend getting it serviced by an authorized Brother dealer, as color laster printers typically run from 60-100 and would be much cheaper to repair than buy again.

I can mostly likely guarantee you that is it a piece of paper. If you are not comfortable enough to unscrew or take it apart an authorized Brother dealer would be happy to look at it for you. I know places like Brother and HP are giving 50-75% of services, repairs, and new units for sending in your old faulty one.

Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback is highly appreciated!

Travis B.

Travis B., Technician
Experience: A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk