am trying to connect epsom stylus photo rx630 printer to my acer aspire computor with windows vista.but i keep getting the message that the printer is not compatable with windows prior to windows 98,but i am running vista
Computer OS: Windows Vista
load with firefox chrome and explorer
The driver for your printer is available from windows update. To install it, you just need to connect the printer to the computer, then choose locate and install driver software.
See this document for complete details.
If you need to setup the scanner as well, you can download the scanner driver from the epson website here.
Relist: Answer quality. tried the answer you gave but it still failed to connect
Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am glad to assist you.
Open Printers by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Printers. Click Add a printer, and from the Add printer wizard, select select Add a local printer.
On the Choose a printer port page, make sure that the Use an existing port option button and the recommended printer port are selected, and then click Next.
Please select the manufacturer and model number of your printer from the list and follow the instructions. If you do not see your model number from the list, please click the Windows Update (Under the list of manufactures), and follow the instructions.
Then, pleasego to the link below, select your operating system, and download available driver listed over there.
If you have any questions, please let me know. If the issue resolved or the response was helpful, please click ACCEPT, so that I can get paid for my time and effort.
S H E F I N
when i click on add printer a box tells me that windows cannot open add printer because local print spool service is not running
Hi,Please go to the link below, click Fix it, download and run it.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-printer-problems#EODThen, try reinstalling the printer.If the issue persists, follow the instructions below and add the printer again.
1. Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Administrative Tools.
2. Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.
3. Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.
4. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.
5. If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.
niether of these solutions have worked.mr fixit encounters aproblem when i try to instal and administrative tools did not work
Hi,Please try the following.1) Download the Printer Driver for VISTA. 2) Go to “C:\Windows (or drive where window is installed)\system 32\Spool\Printer” folder. a. Remove any file with in that folder. b. Before deleting stop the Printer Spooler service. To do this go to Control Panel then to Administrative Tools and click on Services. Search for “Printer Spool”, click stop(if enabled). 3) Remove any printer if there is installed. 4) Restart System 5) Install Printer Drivers (downloaded for Vista), check for printing. If the issue persists, try the instructions in the link below.http://www.sysprobs.com/print-spooler-stopping-automatically-fixThank you.S H E F I N
tried everything,but nothing works
1. Go to Programs and Features in Control panel > click Turn Windows features on or off
2. click + sign of Print services
3. Select LPD and LPR. You should remove Internet Printing Client. > restart your PC to ensure there is no error of spooler service.
4. Add your printer driver again.
If the issue persists, please let me know.
Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
error still persists...i can load all the printer programs except the driver......it now works ...thank you
Hi,I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.Thank you.S H E F I N