Handy--Andy
Handy--Andy, Technical
Experience:  Helpdesk
56210710

epson artisan 810 error "a printer error has occured. turn

Customer Question

epson artisan 810 error "a printer error has occured. turn poewr off and then on again. for details, see your documentation or epson.com
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mary replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mary and I'll do my best to help you solve your printer issue.

Can you please tell me whether there are any lights burning/blinking on the printer and if so, what color and are they steady, flashing, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes all buttons are blinking with the exception of the error messge on the touch screen
Expert:  Mary replied 2 years ago.
The first thing I'd like you to try (assuming the touch screen is still responding) is resetting the printer to default settings (we'll preserve your wifi and fax settings for now, as they are kind of a pain to restore).

Do this:

Press Home and select Setup.
Select Restore Default Settings. Select Reset All except Network & Fax Settings.

Once that has been done, please unplug the printer from the outlet and wait about 5 minutes. Plug it in and see if the error continue to occur.

Also, do you have the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet or into a power strip/surge protector?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The buttons are not responding...I can only turn it off...when it comes back on...just blinking occurs
Expert:  Mary replied 2 years ago.
I was afraid of that.

Ok, now try this:

First, remove the ink cartridges from the printer.

With the machine powered on, pull the plug from the power outlet.

Wait 5 minutes, plug back in and wait to see what error message occurs. I'm hoping that now you'll only get the normal indication that the printer is out of ink.

Reinsert the cartridges.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope
Expert:  Mary replied 2 years ago.
At this point, I think the printer might be hardware defective. But, before we settle on that outcome, I'm going to opt out and ask some of my other colleagues to take a look at your problem and see if they can help.

You don't need to relist your question. When I opt out, it will return to the main list and another expert will join the discussion shortly.

All the best,
Mary
Expert:  Handy--Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Andy (in the UK)
I will deal with your issue as best as I can.
JustAnswer is the largest paid online Expert answers marketplace

This is the hard reset procedure, It may help in this case.....

Please turn off the printer from the mains wall socket and unplug it from your computer.
Please restart your computer
Take the paper out and put it back in, checking its all straight and no corners turned up etc.
Then have a cup of tea (ie leave it for 5 minutes)
Now plug it back in and switch on.
Allow it to warm up and try printing again.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!