John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901 printer and I get a printer

I have a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901 printer and I get a printer head error message on it. I have cleaned the printer head on both sides and have noticed that one area along the side of the actual ink outlet will not clean. Is it time for a completely new printer head even thogh this particular head has only made about 50 copies and has been out of use for at least 9 months?
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Unfortunately it seems the printhead is defective. You can have it professionally cleaned but it may cost you about $50, so I think it is not worth it.

You can try also calling Lexmark at 1-800-(539-6275) and see if your printer qualifies for a free printhead replacement.

Even if it is out of warranty, sometimes they give printheads for free. You can try if you want.

If no luck, you may prefer a new printer for a similar/better price than a repair. Amazon has very good prices usually with free shipping and no tax. Click here for more info --->

Please note I do NOT work for Lexmark so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Please scroll down and click the green Accept button so I can get compensated for my time

Thank you very much!

John C.

I forgot to tell you that you can try with a printhed cleaner like this one -----> <=== CLICK HERE.... but not always work.

Please call Lexmark first to see if they give you a new printhead for free (they may do it as they want you to continue buying Lexmark cartridges). Tell them the printer wasn't used for 9 months but that you are going to use it now.