John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Epson workforce 520 printer will not print. The screen

My Epson workforce 520 printer will not print. The screen ask for a password. I was told to type in the numbers in bracks on the back of the modem. The number pad on the 520 will not accept numbers or letterswithout some kind of code. It asks for the corect value.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John C., Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Are you trying to print via wireless?

Also, what Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wireless and windows 7
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7 connected to internet via wireless and you will see the network key:

1- Click Start

2- Click Control Panel

3- NOW, make sure you select "View by: LARGE ICONS" on the upper right corner.

4- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

5- Click "Manage Wireless Networks" on the left

6- Double click your wireless network name

7- Click the "Security" tab

8- Click "Show characters"

9- Now find your password XXXXX to "Network security key". Write this password XXXXX

Use this password XXXXX the printer when prompted for your wireless network password.

Does it work? Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Please scroll down and click the green Accept button so I can get compensated for my time

Thank you very much!

John C.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
John's ans did not solve my problem. All I want to know is how do I ener a numerical pasword on t he Epson workforce 520 printer. In other if the key is 72541 as an example, how do I type this number and have it print out on the printer . It says "enter the correct value."
Frank
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
■ Press the buttons repeatedly to select uppercase letters or lowercase letters, or numbers and special characters.

Then for example if you want to enter the number 3, press the button "3" three or 4 times until you see the number 3

■ Press > to move to the next character.

■ Press < to delete a character.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Even if you have a subscription, please scroll down and click the green Accept button so I can get compensated for my time by JustAnswer

Thank you very much!

John C.