Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

Epson workforce 545 wont print

Epson workforce 545 won't print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.

Is this printer on the network, or is it directly connected via USB cable to your computer?

Also, are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or Mac?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wireless network, 7 enterprise. before any program would act like a doc printed, the printer did nothing. now I tried to print and I got a message on the computer that I don't have a printer installed, did the trouble shooting again which said the printer is not connected to the network, but the printer says the connection is fine
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this:

First, reconnect your printer to the router by using these steps:

Press the Setup button on the printer. Select Network Settings and press the OK button. You see this screen:

Select Wireless LAN Setup and follow the steps to re-enter your network information into the printer and make sure the printer is connected there.

Then, lets reinstall the driver on your Windows 7 computer:

Click the Windows Start button > Devices and Printers > Right click and remove your Epson printer listed there

Click the Windows Start button > Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Remove any Epson printer programs/drivers there too

Restart your pc, then return to this page > Insert the setup cd that came with the printer and reinstall the printer drivers (Let me know if you don't have the cd, that's ok) > Make sure to install it as a network/wireless printer

To make sure you can return to me, please favorite or bookmark this page, or use this web address (write it down): http://is.gd/ZnnGjS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
after deleting, I realized that the disc that came with the printer was too old for 7 or vista even though I just bought it about a month ago, and I am having difficulty downloading new driver. epson site did nothing after selecting printer and hitting go, then I stupidly downloaded some crap from some site called official-drivers.com. where should I go?
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, I can actually post the exact driver for you here.

Click the Windows Start button > Right click Computer and select properties > Under system type does it say 32 or 64 bit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
64 bit
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Great, I've just finished uploading the driver for you. If you've already restarted the computer after removing the printer from the control panel and the devices and printers area, go ahead and click HERE

On that page it takes you to, you should see a green download button, click that, then you can download, save, and run the printer driver to install the printer.
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is so annoying! is it possible to talk on the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bernie, where are you?
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
I'm here, I'm sorry we don't have phone service, can you let me know how the installation of the driver went
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is finally working
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Great, it looks like it was just the latest driver that needed to be reinstalled, is everything ok now?