Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

I have an HP Photosmart C8180 printer. It will not turn off.

I have an HP Photosmart C8180 printer. It will not turn off. It goes dark and silent, then switches back on and shows the running bars on the touchscreen, then goes dark, then repeats. I have unplugged it, restarted the computer, nothing helps. The computer thinks it is offline and most of the troubleshooting tips tell me to turn it off and then back on. I can't make it turn off. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Does the printer power on automatically, when you plug in the power cord or do you have to press the power button.?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I plug the printer into the wall, it immediately starts up with the powering down display on the touchscreen - the HP in the middle and running color bar at the bottom. It then goes dark for a few seconds and repeats the cycle. Pressing the power button has no effect on anything.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Hmm...I don't know, you will like my honest answer or not, but I cannot tell you anything except the truth. The problem you are facing can only caused due to corrupt firmware of the printer and can be solved by resetting the printer or flashing the firmware of the printer. But, unfortunately you cannot do this at your home, because sometimes, reseating the internal battery of the printer can solve the problem, but to that, the printer needs to be dismantled completely.