Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

my lexmark inkjet s305 will not print color. Ink cartridge

Customer Question

my lexmark inkjet s305 will not print color. Ink cartridge has been replaced.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is Bernie and I will be your expert today.

If you have already done the deep printhead cleaning 2-3 times, and the color is not printing, please click here to download the printer firmware update, LINK.

Run it, and just follow the steps it gives you. To avoid damage to the printer, do not disconnect the USB cable or power off the printer during the update process. Run one more deep printhead cleaning then.

If that does not get black printing, remove printhead from the printer. (Click HERE for information on how to remove/replace the printhead) > After removing the printhead, unplug the printer's power supply (located behind the printer) > Insert the power supply back after five to ten seconds, and switch the printer on > The printer will then give a prompt to insert or install the printhead. Insert the printhead into the printer. > Print a sample page.

However, if you still face any issue after reseating the printhead, it means the printhead has failed or become permanentely clogged on the color nozzles and you will need to replace the printhead to fix this. Call 1-800-539-6275 to order the replacement printhead, all Pro s305 series come with a 3 year warranty so you should be covered if you are within that.

Best regards,
Bernie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We can print black ink, but cannot print any color. The color ink cartridge has been replaced with a new cartridge. The print heads have been cleaned and a test page tried with no color.

Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my last reply?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't see your new response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Waiting on your response to my question.
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
If you have already done the deep printhead cleaning 2-3 times, and the color is still not printing, please click here to download the printer firmware update, LINK.

If you are out of the 3 year warranty, you will need to purchase a new printhead, it will be about $50-$70. If you want to hold off on that and try a cleaning solution first, you can try this one, click HERE to see if you can unclog the nozzles.

Best regards,
Bernie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you are getting my replies right?

Please scroll up on this page to see my last answer to your question.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried everything that you recommended and I still cannot print color.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do we go from here? My issue still is not resolved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?