John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Kodak ESO Office 2150 printer says to clear all paper.

My Kodak ESO Office 2150 printer says to clear all paper. I have checked the obvious places and turned off and unplugged the printer. I am still getting the error message. This is a new printer and I have installed the printer head and ink cartridges. I was just starting the calibration process. Is there someplace I am missing?
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Is it the first time you try to print?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes

Thank you!. Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Printers, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

• Open the printer access door.

• Remove all:
    • orange shipping tape
    • foam pieces
  • Close the printer access door.

• After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

Please scroll down and click the green Accept button so I can get compensated for my time

Thank you very much!

John C.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    That was all done. I still have the error message

That's weird.

Please unplug it from the electric outlet for 10 minutes, then plug it back and turn it on.

If no luck, please follow the steps below:
    1. Remove paper from the paper tray.
    2. Move the paper edge guides in, then to the outmost position to verify that they move freely. If necessary use a lint-free cloth and water to remove any tape residue.
      Image
    3. Inspect the paper input area and remove:
      • partially picked sheets of paper
      • pieces of paper
      • tape
      • other foreign objects such as a pen, paper clip, etc.
        Image

To remove foreign objects:
        1. Place the printer on a flat work surface.
        2. Lift the front of the printer so the back is down.
        3. Place your hand in the center of the paper tray opening.
        4. Press in toward the front of the printer to allow foreign objects to fall out.

NOTE: Keep the paper input tray cover closed when the printer is not in use to keep foreign objects from falling into the paper input tray.

Image
    4. Open the printer access door.
    5. Inspect the paper path and remove any paper or foreign objects that may interfere with the flow of the paper.
      Image
    6. Close the printer access door.
    7. Open the paper output tray.
    8. Extend the output tray extender.
    9. Inspect and remove any paper or foreign objects from the paper exit area.
      Image
    10. Connect:
      • any cables that were disconnected
      • Power cord
    11. Wait 30 seconds, then turn on the printer.
    12. Verify that you are using the correct materials and load paper.
      Source:Kodak.com
    Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you very much!

John C.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    I am still getting the error message (code 3528)

OK. That error number means something is blocking the printer. Please try to move the printhead manually (do not push/pull to hard)

If no luck, then it seems the printer is defective, unfortunately, and should be returned to the store.

Please note I do NOT work for KODAK so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Thank you very much!

John C.