Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Experience:  5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices
14124282

canon pixma mp500 error 6500

canon pixma mp500 error 6500
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert Preston replied 2 years ago.

Robert Preston :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your problem today.

If the error is still there, then there's something in the machine still you aren't seeing.

Unplug it completely from all cables

Lift it up, turn it upside down and shake it a bit to see if anything comes loose.

Check the rear access and front access using a flashlight to look for any tiny paper scraps or anything else that could be hard to see.

Try forcing a very thick piece of paper into the rollers to see if it dislodges anything.

Finally try using a dampened lint free cloth to clean the rollers in the printer.

See if that works... if not, most likely you damaged the feed roller while removing the jam and it's either loose or would have to be replaced to fix the problem.

Thanks and please click the green ACCEPT button after reviewing my answer.

Thanks,
Rob

Customer:

can i ask if the print cartridge should be visible as i dont see it

Robert Preston :

Not necessarily no.

Customer:

so it has moved to to the side as this confused me! i thought somebody had been tampering with it!!

Robert Preston :

Well 6500 is generally a result of paper jam or something jammed in the carriage path way

Customer:

ok I am relieved to here that as i thought i had been robbed!! can i press accept once i have done what you suggested may take some time to fully test this....

Robert Preston :

Yes

Customer:

thanks!!

Robert Preston :

No problem

Customer:

this has not worked

Customer:

do i still need to pay the fee?

Robert Preston :

The answer above covers all possibilities. The only other thing I would recommend trying is unplugging the printer and manually sliding the print carriage over and checking it for obstructions. But most likely, it's a service issue.

Robert Preston :

Thanks,
Rob

Customer:

how do i push the print carriage over?

Robert Preston :

Unplug it and manually move it over with your hand

Customer:

ok this did not work either i will have to call someone who do you recommend?

Robert Preston :

Hold on I'll get you a number to find a local service center

Robert Preston :

Ok apparently the service number is XXXXX 13 83 according to Canon Australia's site

Robert Preston :

That is what you'll have to call to find out

Customer:

thanks is your fee in aus dollars?

Robert Preston :

Whatever the fee you pay is converted to US Dollars

Customer:

ok thanks have a nice day

Robert Preston :

You too.

Robert Preston, Technician
Experience: 5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices