Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt

I have a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901 printer that is currently

I have a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901 printer that is currently not printing from the black ink jet. The colors are printing just fine. We have ONLY used Lexmark ink in it since we bought it about a year ago. We have run the cleaning and deep cleaning routine several times to no avail. I have a new printer cartridge in it now, so this is not a case of being out of ink. HELP!!!

Terri
XXX-XXX-XXXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Customer:

Hello, Michael. Hope you can help us. :-)

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I will do my best.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Do the printouts look normal?

Customer:

No! The colors work fine but nothing from the black.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I understand.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I mean otherwise, on a color page.

Customer:

Yes, the quality of the print from the other printheads is good. No problems with them.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

ok

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Had the black ink run out at one point and need to be replaced?

Customer:

No, I replaced the cartridge when the printer told me to do so.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

That's what I mean.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

And is that when the problem began?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

There are reasons I am asking these questions.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

It's possible for the printer to continue printing until you replace the black cartridge, and then it just has to be told that the black cartridge is ready to be used.

Customer:

yes. We were getting the low ink signal from the printer and we replaced the cartridge. Then when the new one didn't work, I assumed it was a flawed when it didn't work and returned that cartridge for a new one. Now that one is not working either. I have replaced the cartridge a number of times with no problems.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Ok... that's what I thought. And it wasn't actually you or the cartridge!

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

It's the printer trying to be smart.

Customer:

I guess not but what.....?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

The first thing I'd like you do do is go to the following page and click on the firmware update

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Firmware Update

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Firmware Update

Customer:

OMG someone is at the door. Can we take this up later? :-(

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Make sure you ask who it is.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

We don't want a home invasion before you accept my answer.

Customer:

you bbet

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Just let me know whenever you want to continue.

Customer:

Michael,

Customer:

Michael...thank youfor your time. the person at the door yesterday was a friend who works with computers as a profession and fixed our printer. However, I am VERY glad to know of you and this resource. I made a deal to take your time and am willingly paying you for it. Sorry we did not have a chance to work this out on line. But, I am SO glad you know you are there for the time when I will need it.

Customer:

Have a good day. Terri Washburn

Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael.. Let me know if I did not wrap this session up properly. I am willing to pay the $46 but I somehow the page does not let me know that you are paid. Terri
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.

It was my pleasure, and that is VERY generous of you. I really appreciate what you did - that's the way we are compensated, so it means a lot to me... and doing it even though we didn't finish - thank you.

Terri, I am here whenever you have a question! Just come here and ask me directly.

Michael Hannigan

Thank you!